9/11 aka Sept.11 ... five years later

Well, I remember at that time I was in 9th grade at the (ironically enough) Anglo American High School.

There was this fucking classmate that I hated that always carried a radio to listen to some cumbia ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cumbia ), ans suddenly he satrted like ywlling/telling everyone thatr the Twin Towers were under attack. I must admit I didn't know what they were ( :rolleyes: :p ), but as soon as they said that it was in the US I was like: fuck... . I has a vague idea of what the TT were, but I didn't even know it was the WTC or anything (and I satrted telling everone too, and when a classmate told me" On the WTC right? I was like: Hmmmm yeaahhh... WTC.... suuure (translated into WTF is the WTC? LOL :lol: :rolleyes: :p ).

Anyways, we were taking the Phys. Ed. class at that moment, but soon afterwards we were all at the main hall of the school, watching in despair how the 2nd tower fell. I remember I felt a hole in my chest and nearly started crying, unlike a lot of girls that cried a lot.

I still think they make much of a deal about this, and IMO it is not the death of people what citizens from the US mourn the most, but the punch on their pride.

They were so proud of their towers, they were the symbol of their power over the world, but now they are gone and people live in constant fear that something like that (which would be unlikely) might happen again.

Hence they buy lots of stuff so they could survive another incident like that. Jerks.

And where the fuck is Osama :lol: ?

I mean, 'tis the fucking US, if they really wanted to they would've captured him by now.

Oh wait, the Bin Laden family did gun trading with Bush daddy. Hmmm that sounds quite fishy doesn't it?

And if it was Osama who attacked the towers, why did the US invade IRAQ, instaed of going into Afghanistan?

It's all about the oil people. This translates into money and power.

Governments don't give a shit about their citizens.

And the US is the best example of this.

Sacred Profane said:
:cry: I remember that... very sad day

Security isn´t really that tight around our ministers. It´s a really sad thing that our democratically elected leades can´t walk around on the streets in our cities.

Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood said:
And if it was Osama who attacked the towers, why did the US invade IRAQ, instaed of going into Afghanistan?
They invaded Afghanistan before they invaded Iraq..

AFAIK most of the hijackers were from Saudi Arabia, the main ally of USA in the region. The former can by the way whip women publicly and dont give shit about civil/political rights, but the US aren´t complaining...

I read here that some people who dont live in teh USA cried that day, or felt afraid. I lived in Belgium at that time, and it is so far away that i never felt like something could also happen here, and never cried (i didnt know anyone in the USA and had never been there). But still, it was pretty weird to see what happened, and at that time i was wandering why the terrorists chose to kill innocent people instead of attacking Bush himself...

Dark_Silence said:
I read here that some people who dont live in teh USA cried that day, or felt afraid. I lived in Belgium at that time, and it is so far away that i never felt like something could also happen here, and never cried (i didnt know anyone in the USA and had never been there). But still, it was pretty weird to see what happened, and at that time i was wandering why the terrorists chose to kill innocent people instead of attacking Bush himself...

Because that's just how fucking shitty war is. The really bad guys never get to pay, while we citizens loose our lives on their behalf.

I agree with all the foreigners here, but there must be an understood distinction between the US as a country/people and the Bush Administration. It's the Bush administration that plotted the attacks/let it happen, so that they could invade the Arab countries for all the fat cat oil companies, and thus turning the US into a corporate police state by stripping us of our basic freedoms.

Once the fucking Republicans are out of power, we can begin to right all these wrongs. The Bush Administration are the real terrorists, to the world and its own citizens.

I'm with VC here. I mean, Loose Change enthralled me for a bit, but it's a tad ridiculous. I truly don't believe a conspiracy that massive and intricate could be carried out under Bush.

Do I believe it was later warped to justify the invasion of Iraq, yes. I do think, though, that the fight in Afghanistan, while it wasn't pretty, was at least partially justified, if the info they gathered after was correct. Though judging by the info gathered before, who knows.

~kov.

Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood said:
why haven't they captured him?
Because they don't want to.

Originally posted by the wise one of videogames, the circus's smiley puppeteer and the official and number one Dark Tranquillity, uneXpect and Dragonlord fan of Costa Rica o_O
There was this fucking classmate that I hated that always carried a radio to listen to some cumbia
:lol: Cumbia is the worst music after rap. :D

i like rap but i don't know (and probably don't want to know) what cumbia is.

as for loose change, i got it in a single divx file that was followed by a video featuring a guy who explained why the jews and the freemasons are conspiring to conquer the world. 'nuff said.

I dont think you can dismiss it that easily though. Honestly, I dont know what to think. Ive seen quite a few pages now with people basically being like "See this image I drew in paint, it proves there was no Boeing 757 at the Pentagon omfg lol!"
Loose Change is a lot better done, though they could be lying just as much as the Bush administration. Their story does make sense though, a pity we have no way of knowing who's lying and who isnt.

I realized it was September 11th many times yesterday but didn't realize it was supposed to mean something special until I read this thread. Glad for it.

VultureCulture said:
i mean, i really dig conspiracy theories and all that, but do you really believe what you just said?

They let it happen, whether by means of others or themselves. Period.

UndoControl said:
Because they don't want to.

:lol: Cumbia is the worst music after rap. :D

Obviously :Smug:

Well, I must admit that 80's rap wan't that bad (heck even Anthrax put some in and it sounded great! Publuc Enemy! Anthrax! :p ). But the worst music genre, even worse than hip-hop (yes!), is this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reggeaton . Tough I don't consider that to be music, I consider that to be something worse than shit. I cannot describe how much i hate that... :puke: .

Ok, yes, reggaeton (which has nothing to do with reggae, by the way, to those who don't know what reggaeton is) is far worse than cumbia. As Bloodred said, however, reggaeton isn't music, it's horrible noise designed to make ears bleed and brains get traumatized. But as far as music goes cumbia and rap (and narcocorridos, and latin-american pop, and some croatian village music) are the worst kinds.