A Few Thoughts On the NVR vs. IE Thread

also you should of done a comparison with art work. i would give that to iced earth. their packaging and art work are superior.>> IE had their last good artwork with the burnt offerings cd....

they are the best live band i have ever heard period!! >>
i've seen them and i've seen many better bands!!
1. SYL
2. Slayer (when they have a god day)
3. opeth

Originally posted by ledmag
Ok, Im gonna try to explaine to you like i would a CHILD. IM not mocking you at all Pyrus, im trying to get you to see, im trying to get you to understand, im trying to get you to use your BRAIN.

For someone who's not mocking me, you sure use a lot of insults...face it, dude, our opinions are different. You're not gonna get me to change my mind, I'm not going to get you to change yours.

Your making assumptions. You saying that i started that nevermore IE thread to catch flames. Your wrong on that account. Your tryin to say that Im mocking you..your wromg on that account as well. As i said earlier, i was and am being honest about my opinion on JON. Im glad you like IE, i like some aspects of IE. But i cant stand JON S. Im not being self contridictory dude. Cant you see that you are? You came into this forum, and dropped a big fat ass line to NEAL AND I. You didnt care for the nverIE thread, it got to you, that much is on the top of the cake. Its teh icing. ANd as far as you wadding threw you being a reatrd, i am only addressing what you are bringing to the table. YOu say you arent arguing, then you call neal and i out. You say shit that doesnt add up. You may be one of the smartest dudes on the planet, but brains is not what your bringing to the table here.

I never said you started it to catch flames...you're deliberately misinterpreting what I said. I mentioned you and neal just to give an example of what I thought was unneccessary flaming.

Once again, i found that thread at the guitar world forum. SO that means, that i was not teh one who originated, i only brought the topic here. That means that it was not a member of the nevermore forum who started that thread. I only brought it here, becouse it was nevermore related, and i really dont like JON as a human, or a man, or person. SO, in a way, the thread was right up my alley. And as a matter of fact. I posted on tne thread at guitar world, and the next day i thought to myself..."humf, that would be a good fun topic at the neverhole."..and for what its worth, the my originateing post, is the same as the reply i gave it on the guitar W forum. I dont hide anything to do with my opinion or likes or dislikes. If you canttake it, thats your problem, not mine.

So, to use a metaphor, you didn't grow the bread yourself, you're just selling it. You're more or less responsible...but I don't think that has any bearing. I didn't mention anything blaming you for results of the thread. What I read of it was fairly entertaining.

ANd ill tell you this little guy, your not gonna come to the hole in the wall where i hang out, and start your shit and, bring up my name, and neals, and me keep my fucking pie hole shut. ITs not gonna happen. If you want a fucking flame fest Ill give you one, and the flames still havent even began from me as of yet. Im still trying to get threw your thick fucking membrane that surrounds your fucking MOTHERBOARD.......your brain. IM trying to hand over reason to you. Im trying to explaine my intentions, and if you dont start taking my true intentions and examining them, then your never gonna fit in here.

I'm not asking for a flame fest...I'm simply trying to become a member of this board who can post without getting assaulted. So far, I've managed to get about three of those in.

Thus far all youve contributed to this board is your "I love IE" garbage. FUck IE. FUck you as well, if thats all you have to offer. If you love IE so much, andyou respect your hero jon so much, then let him rest. Your the one digging his bones.

Untrue. I've contributed sympathies for those who lost deceased relatives, a link to a humor article on Nevermore, ideas for holiday gifts, and gave people somebody to insult when they're feeling low. You've been taking advantage of that last one to the fullest degree.

Ok, now to all the flames in the neverIE thread.....i Plainly stated that i found that topic in another forum, I plainly stated that i was not flaming. I plainly stated that what i wrote was nothing more than my opinion. I plaily stated that all i really wanted out of the trhead was a comparison of opinions. NOt flames. SO, once the flames came into effect, i flamed back. ANd if you look really hard, you will find that some IE fans gave their opinions, and never flamed once. ANd when those fans acted like real ppl, then so did I. I commended them for their mature postings. ANd im not neal, but i will speak for him as well...HE DID THE SAME THING.

Okay, but your statements of opinion could easily be interpreted as flames. When somebody calls me a retard because of my opinion, I tend to consider that something of a flame, or at least an unneccessarily offensive comment.

SO, here is another opinion. IF all you can do, is not understand what we are saying here, then perhaps you dont belong in this place. Perhaps we are above you in our menatlity and our thinking. There is nothing wrong with that. BUt it could be the point. IT could be the problem.

I hear you. What you're saying is "I didn't flame anybody, I just have strong opinions" - which is fine - and you're blaming me for the insults that have been directed at me.

Now, back to something ive been asking you , that you still havnt addressed, why dont you just hang around and see what happens, and drop all this JOn bullshit? You see, when you say something, and it pertains to me, I will always address it if i see it. ITs just the thing to do you know. SO, you caould at least hand over the same to me.

That's what I've been doing, dude. Look carefully - every reply I've made in this thread has been defending myself from someone else's accusations/flames/insults/whatever. I'm ready to start ignoring this thread as soon as people stop posting things that I feel compelled to respond to. I also address things that pertain to me, and it happens that everything that pertains to me has had the general message of "Pyrus is a retard." You can see why I take offense at that.

SO, what bout it? Are you gonna float the place for a while, and really make an effort to join in with us? Or are you just gonna continue to drop your little lines about Jon, your defence against the words we have said about your idol jon. ANd if he isnt your Idol, then sorry, cause thats how youve spread your penut butter,

If I had an idol, it would probably be Lars Ulrich - despite a complete and utter lack of natural talent, he's become ridiculously
successful and rich through hard work, intelligence, and business savvy. That, and he's not afraid to be the asshole in the band (someone's got to do it.)

and unlike neal, and myself and a few others, we haev actually told you the way really feel about you, the board you came from, and the thread we are all talking about, and the dude who we are talking about in that thread.

Do you want my opinion on anything in particular? LOM suggested I post something of a biographical nature...I thought that would be kind of egotistical, but if anybody's interested, I'll go ahead and do it.

SO, to sum it all up, the next time you OBLIVIOUSLY dont understand what the fuck is going on around here, ASK US. We will tell you, and we will tell you JUST HOW IT IS,,,that i can promis..

As long as the telling of how it is doesn't include any more insulting of my mother, use of the phrase "Pyrus is a retard," or threats to kill me, cool.

Originally posted by [KOTNO]Narrot
Politics of Ecstasy has only ONE bad moment, and that's Passenger.>> you made it hard for ME to not flame you, TRAPPED ;)

Ha ha. Actually, precognition is pretty terrible too :lol:

Passenger isn't ALL bad, but it makes me kindof sleepy... I like it tho, it's just not particularily grand. :)

Hey... How did all this flaming and shit happen? :err: I'm confused...

I want to just say a few things, but I don't want to comment on everything you said, because I want to let ledmag do that, since you were talking to him. Look, if you wish to stop getting flamed and to become a member of this board, then just let this go. You've given your opinion and others have given their's. Do you not realize that everytime you reply you are just adding fuel to the fire. Giving everyone something to reply to. You say you are defending yourself but in reality, you are just digging yourself into a deeper hole. And it isn't egotistical to give some information on yourself. It will get you away from this, and then everyone at this board will be able to talk to you since they know more about you then just you liking IE. Continuing on with this subject only makes it look as you worship the ground that Jon walks on. Don't reply back, and led will have nothing to reply to. And anyway, you are the one who made this thread, and I am sure that if you read just a little of the Nevermore vs. Iced Earth thread you would have known that you were going to receive insults. You have no one to blame but yourself for being a retard. And led, I was also thinking about that one flame you said to me. I can't quite remember what it was now. But it was funny as hell. It was something like "Your just a turd with arms that is trying to hang on". That's not quite right, if you remember, post it again.

And have you ever noticed that when someone sees the way that led responds to them, they start to do the same thing. Using the quotes and things. I did it too. :lol:

oh? I was called a "stupid (or somehow) cunt, bitch", and whatever a woman can be. I changed the ways, which doesn't necessarily mean that I changed my mind. relax, Pyrus, drag fun out of it. ;) let it go, save the philosophy for yourself. this surely ain't no philosophy - temple... :D

It always amuzes me when people say that a female is a "Cunt".

That's kindof like going up to the guy on the street, breaking a bottle and waving the shards in his face while saying "YOU'VE GOT A FREAKIN HUGE DICK... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

yeah, but telling him that he has a huge dick isn't an insult, it's a kind of a reward of the speaker, and of the nature literally. :err: :D

Originally posted by Pyrus
For someone who's not mocking me, you sure use a lot of insults...face it, dude, our opinions are different. You're not gonna get me to change my mind, I'm not going to get you to change yours.

****LED*** LIsten shit ass, your just carrying on. Im not trin to change your mind on your OPINION. I was trin to clarify the fact that was not trin get flames, only laughs and opinions. ****

I never said you started it to catch flames...you're deliberately misinterpreting what I said. I mentioned you and neal just to give an example of what I thought was unneccessary flaming.

**LED**nOthing intentional in the range of my interpritation. The least you could have done, was to have been nicer. ANd you would have been greeted.***

So, to use a metaphor, you didn't grow the bread yourself, you're just selling it. You're more or less responsible...but I don't think that has any bearing. I didn't mention anything blaming you for results of the thread. What I read of it was fairly entertaining.

**LED**WHat you did mention, was....that i made that thread for this board. I made the thread for the nevermore hounds. Thats basically what you said. All i did was bring it here, and i would do it again***

I'm not asking for a flame fest...I'm simply trying to become a member of this board who can post without getting assaulted. So far, I've managed to get about three of those in.

***Then drop the stupid IE shit, youve said your beef, and its been debunked for the most part due to the fact that you were a cock head while doing it. We can start over now, and be pals you know. As long as your finished.**

Untrue. I've contributed sympathies for those who lost deceased relatives, a link to a humor article on Nevermore, ideas for holiday gifts, and gave people somebody to insult when they're feeling low. You've been taking advantage of that last one to the fullest degree.

**LED**Yeah, you said some stuff with respect about my family, and others, and you were comended for it. Go look at the thread and youll see. BUt i still say, for teh most part, youve been dickin around.***

Okay, but your statements of opinion could easily be interpreted as flames. When somebody calls me a retard because of my opinion, I tend to consider that something of a flame, or at least an unneccessarily offensive comment.

**LED** Listen up, cause im about to tell ya something....i called you a retard not for your opinion, but for the other things you said. Use your noggin a bit, and im sure youll figure it out. As a matter of fact, i just reclarified some of them above. Get your shit right man, it makes things easier. ANd the easy way to get your shit right, well, just ask if your confused.**

I hear you. What you're saying is "I didn't flame anybody, I just have strong opinions" - which is fine - and you're blaming me for the insults that have been directed at me.

**LED**Uhh, no you dont hear me. Thats not it at all. If all your gonna do is continue with this IE argument.....thats the point.***

That's what I've been doing, dude. Look carefully - every reply I've made in this thread has been defending myself from someone else's accusations/flames/insults/whatever. I'm ready to start ignoring this thread as soon as people stop posting things that I feel compelled to respond to. I also address things that pertain to me, and it happens that everything that pertains to me has had the general message of "Pyrus is a retard." You can see why I take offense at that.

**LED**Ok, then drop this thread. Forget about it. Then we will float and be cool. ****

If I had an idol, it would probably be Lars Ulrich - despite a complete and utter lack of natural talent, he's become ridiculously
successful and rich through hard work, intelligence, and business savvy. That, and he's not afraid to be the asshole in the band (someone's got to do it.)

**LED**COol with me. BTW,,,IMO, its fine if JON were your IDOL.**

Do you want my opinion on anything in particular? LOM suggested I post something of a biographical nature...I thought that would be kind of egotistical, but if anybody's interested, I'll go ahead and do it.

**LED**DO what you want. If you post good stuff, then great, if you post boring stuff...great...if you continue with the IE argument...UGGG****

As long as the telling of how it is doesn't include any more insulting of my mother, use of the phrase "Pyrus is a retard," or threats to kill me, cool.

**LED**Uhh, who threatened to kill you dude? Thats against the law. *****

Looks like we may be getting somewhere hey? Hopefully.

later

Originally posted by Tee
oh? I was called a "stupid (or somehow) cunt, bitch", and whatever a woman can be. I changed the ways, which doesn't necessarily mean that I changed my mind. relax, Pyrus, drag fun out of it. ;) let it go, save the philosophy for yourself. this surely ain't no philosophy - temple... :D

Actually my dear fine looking friend tee..you didnt change at all IMO. I changed the way i threw some of my FUN words around. I stopped being so nasty. I thought about the big ass fight you and i got in, and you were right..................

Originally posted by Tee
yeah, but telling him that he has a huge dick isn't an insult, it's a kind of a reward of the speaker, and of the nature literally. :err: :D

Actually, wherei come from, when one calls a guy a DICK, and a girl a CUNT, its a flame either way.

It is weird.

Originally posted by Lord of Metal
I "Your just a turd with arms that is trying to hang on". That's not quite right, if you remember, post it again.

ahhahahha
yeah, i rememebr that. It was funny. Ill see if i can find it. Give me some time.

hahahha

yeah man, it was all fun. You had laughs, and so did I, along with everyone else. SOme ppl just dont get the big deal.

Originally posted by ledmag
Actually my dear fine looking friend tee..you didnt change at all IMO. I changed the way i threw some of my FUN words around. I stopped being so nasty. I thought about the big ass fight you and i got in, and you were right..................

:cry: it shows that I didn't change? :s hehe
but see, the "fights" we would have were on the two different railways; you'd go with a "stupid cunt" thing and I would go with "uncircumcized foreskin strached all over the Atlantic"... I guess *whispering* the both ways changed. :D

hahha, yeah, that foreskin stuff.....but it all started ove rteh jerk thing i was throwing around. And i did go too far. bUt so be it, we both setteled down.

One thing I never understood, I am a big fan of both IE and Nevermore. I can't say that I like either one better than the other. And, I definitely would not take sides here. I love them both for what they bring to the table, great fucking heavy metal!!

For me there is no contest, it's NEVERMORE all the way.
Lyrics
Warrel smokes schaffer in the lyrics dept, Less cheese more content, Better use of words and ideas. Warrel never ceases to amaze me with his words.
Vocals
Barlow is alot more consistant I do give him that, But I laugh when I hear his KISS like harmonies and vocal lines. Don't know if anyone else has ever noticed this.
Guitars
Loomis remains a great player in both crunchy riffs and nice solos. I for one haven't liked much IE guitars since Night of the Stormrider ( where did the killer fast riffing go? It's very standard maiden worship riffs now )
Drums
Van of course, only to be out done by my favorite drummer Mark Zonder and possibly Gene Hoglan.
Bass
Jim is Da man, solid, right inthe pocket when needed kind of guy. IE bass riffs also fall in the generic catagory for me.
Basically, for me When IE started writing blatant songs about comic books and movies is when I lost alot of interest. IE more cheese factor.

hahaha reading through this brought back some fond and funny memories. great stuff here. and trapped's first post is the only thing you need to read on the subject of IE v Nevermore.
-neal