a lovely history

Ecto

Aug 10, 2002
Maudlin of the Well started as a four-track recording experiment by Tobias Driver, Greg Massi, and Jason Byron. They recorded six songs, using four of them for the demo "Through Languid Veins" (the other two songs did not fit with the theme of the demo). Tobias handled clean vox and played drums, bass, guitar, keyboards, and clarinet, Greg guitar solos and Byron death growls. A year later Tobias masterminded "Begat of the Haunted Oak… An Acorn" adding Andrew Dickson on drums, and Jason Bitner on trumpet. A few months later the band recorded a three song EP, "Odes to Darksome Spring." The year after, Byron left the band, requiring motW to acquire Maria-Stella Fountoulakis on vocals. Terran Olson on saxophones was also added as a permanent member. Together they recorded "For My Wife," which is currently being remixed. In September 1999, motW signed to Dark Symphonies and released "My Fruit Psychobells... a seed combustible." Despite the avant garde nature of the recording, it has been well received by many. Jason Byron also returned to the band as they began playing live shows, most notable their recent set at Milwaukee Metalfest XIV, where they left the crowd open-mouthed after closing their set with the final track off "Fruit..." the rocking, jazzy "Blight of River Systems" :headbang:

Ectoplasma said:
Maudlin of the Well started as a four-track recording experiment by Tobias Driver, Greg Massi, and Jason Byron.

Who is this "Jason" they speak of? I know no such person...

They recorded six songs, using four of them for the demo "Through Languid Veins" (the other two songs did not fit with the theme of the demo). Tobias handled clean vox and played drums, bass, guitar, keyboards, and clarinet, Greg guitar solos and Byron death growls.

Not that i am not flattered if someone did some revisionist history on our band but did we do six songs? I thought it was only four?

Despite the avant garde nature of the recording, it has been well received by many.

READ: our parents.

most notable their recent set at Milwaukee Metalfest XIV, where they left the crowd open-mouthed after closing their set with the final track off "Fruit..." the rocking, jazzy "Blight of River Systems" :headbang:

open-mouthed...and giving us the finger.

VangelicSurgeon said:
they left the crowd open-mouthed after closing their set with the final track off "Fruit..."

'crowd' is used figuratively.
wasn't this like 2001?
dood, i was there. and my sister & brother in law. we were gonna throw panties, but no one i asked seemed to be wearing any.