A quick hello

MetalSummer

Apr 13, 2007
Wales (UK)
Thought it only polite to say "HI" properly before I set myself loose on the forum!

I'm from S Wales in the UK and I am going to be coming over (along with 4 other people) for the event.
Very much looking forward to it but still not got flight or hotel sorted yet, figured that as long as the tickets were bought then the rest would come..hmm.
Been to the last two PP's over here and had a fantastic time. Never been to the States before, so that and the fact that I love Firewind, and I can meet up with some friends from Atlanta, is my pull...oh and the fact that my birthday is on the 5th October too. :headbang:

welcome... this upcoming will be my eighth ProgPower USA in a row. ;) get that airline ticket asap... airfare usually increases the closer you get to the flight date.

My birthday is October 1st... I'll be newly 31 for the show. :)

Welcome!

Make sure to check out the Submit a photo thread so you are familiar with the people on this forum here. It was the way I was able to meet and introduce myself to a lot of the people on here and ensured I had a great time.

When you find me at the show, make sure to introduce yourself! And again, welcome!

-MetalRose

PS. Boob- the show this year is a few days after my golden birthday! We'll be parting it up... then again, not like we never do!

Welcome to our dysfuntional but happy and loving family. You are going to meet the most diverse group of people in the world when you come over, these family memebers, and I say that from my heart, are the most awesome people in the world, they range in age from the very young 12 to the very old, Me and J-DUBYA just kidding, you have every generation represented there, and they are all the same. These people will welcome you with open arms, and before the first night is over you will know a majority of them, so don't be shy just go up to a group of them and introduce yourself and you will become part of the group. again WELCOME to OUR FAMILY.

Welcome aboard! :kickass:

I'd focus on the airfare first -- hunt around now for any deals -- and then work on accomodations. There are likely to be some hotel rooms open as the event draws closer since cancelling a room costs nothing.....but once bought, airline tickets are forever, and they are seldom cancelled. :(

Welcome to our dysfuntional but happy and loving family. You are going to meet the most diverse group of people in the world when you come over, these family memebers, and I say that from my heart, are the most awesome people in the world, they range in age from the very young 12 to the very old, Me and J-DUBYA just kidding, you have every generation represented there, and they are all the same. These people will welcome you with open arms, and before the first night is over you will know a majority of them, so don't be shy just go up to a group of them and introduce yourself and you will become part of the group. again WELCOME to OUR FAMILY.

Well I'm sold already! Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes, you sound like a fun and crazy lot - my favourite types! :heh:

Yay for all the Librans here cos we're the finest of all the zodiac. ;)

Yes you are all right about the air tickets, we're gonna hopefully get that sorted very soon.
I shall also check out the photo thread too. :)

Welcome...you're going to have a blast!

I’m currently saving $$ (and vacation time from work) to attend Wimbledon in 2009. Hopefully, I’ll get a chance to say hello so I can ask you about all the other “can’t miss” sights! :)

Thought it only polite to say "HI" properly before I set myself loose on the forum!

I'm from S Wales in the UK and I am going to be coming over (along with 4 other people) for the event.
Very much looking forward to it but still not got flight or hotel sorted yet, figured that as long as the tickets were bought then the rest would come..hmm.
Been to the last two PP's over here and had a fantastic time. Never been to the States before, so that and the fact that I love Firewind, and I can meet up with some friends from Atlanta, is my pull...oh and the fact that my birthday is on the 5th October too. :headbang:
Welcome! Looking forward to meeting you and your friends. Definitely take care of the flight first. That could rise dramatically as the time gets closer.
And don't forget to add your photo to the forum poster thread.

Yay for all the Librans here cos we're the finest of all the zodiac.
As an October birthday too, I must say, Librans do rule this fest. :lol::headbang:

Who's playing THAT fest? Sheesh, all these cool European metal festivals every summer that are so hard to get to--

What's that?

It's tennis?

Never Mind.

:lol: :lol:

Actually, if I could find a way to combine this trip with a killer music festival, my life would be complete. :)

Rafael Nadal's falsetto sucks. :lol:

Why do you think he keeps adjusting his shorts? :p