A Sense of Purpose

IntoPhagist i do like in flames, i just think kalmah dont sell out to reach a bigger fanbase, btw anders said in a interview he wanted ppl to buy more of their records and now look where in flames goes, i liked all their work, and the new album isnt shit, just think in flames have lost their touch, it doesnt even sound like it is in flames when you hear it. With their previous albums they had that in flames feel. feels like they are just trying to get all americanized and btw whoever said kalmah have watered down riffs with synths what are you listening to :S ...much more talent and melodic than in flames...imo.

I just received ASOP (CD+DVD ltd) and on the back of the cd under title 12 on the DVD side it says: + hidden feature. Has somebody find those features?

In Flames are probably my favorite melodic death band. Albums like "Jester Race/Black Ash, "Whoracle" and my favorite "Colony" are fuckin' excellent. But, "Sense of Purpose" sounds rushed and forced. IF just don't seem to be concentrating enough on writing good songs. Seems like, this put out 13 mediocre songs instead of 9 excellent ones. I'm all for their "new" direction. Good ideas are on this album, they just don't expand on them. The artwork is fuckin' juvenile. I am dissapointed in this.

The main problem is you still class them as a melodic death metal band when they aren't. They're melodic metal now, there is little to no death metal influence in their current sound and nor will it return. If you're looking for melodeath you'll be disappointed every time In Flames release something, and I'd suggest focusing your energy onto current melodeath acts... Norther, Dark Tranquillity, etc.

Ew NORTHER? you mean the band that once were awesome and now Release "N" puke puke puke

Oh and Yeah If you expect melodic Death Metal You'll be dissapointed in ASOP
If you listen as a Modern Melodic Metal album you might start to like it? IDN...Its one of my favorite albums this year And still haven't changed my mind yet.I'm so sick of it though I listened so many times...The actual c-d that you buy sounds WAY better then the leak.

Again Norther's first 3 albums rule last 2 have been garbage.

New Kalmah is fucking phenominal.

I don't know too much about Norther, they seem to be a CoB clone of sorts, but they're still melodeath even if their last 2 albums are shit (I think I have the latest one, I listened to it but it had no impact on me).

IntoPhagist i do like in flames, i just think kalmah dont sell out to reach a bigger fanbase, btw anders said in a interview he wanted ppl to buy more of their records and now look where in flames goes, i liked all their work, and the new album isnt shit, just think in flames have lost their touch, it doesnt even sound like it is in flames when you hear it. With their previous albums they had that in flames feel. feels like they are just trying to get all americanized and btw whoever said kalmah have watered down riffs with synths what are you listening to :S ...much more talent and melodic than in flames...imo.

I understand your point but my answer to that is:

If you were in a band would you like to sell more or less records???? period

New album is mostly hated by new and old fans. :lol:

Time to call it a day you Swedish faggots!

iv heard mixed things about the album you cant say the opinions of others especially when a lot of people on here love the new album i just find you have to listen to it a few times before you can like it cuz i sure as hell hated it when i first heard it

iv heard mixed things about the album you cant say the opinions of others especially when a lot of people on here love the new album i just find you have to listen to it a few times before you can like it cuz i sure as hell hated it when i first heard it

Well, that usually happens to people who get raped as well. It desensitizes them, just like when people constantly listen to bad music and they think it's good.

Ew NORTHER? you mean the band that once were awesome and now Release "N" puke puke puke

Oh and Yeah If you expect melodic Death Metal You'll be dissapointed in ASOP
If you listen as a Modern Melodic Metal album you might start to like it? IDN...Its one of my favorite albums this year And still haven't changed my mind yet.I'm so sick of it though I listened so many times...The actual c-d that you buy sounds WAY better then the leak.

Again Norther's first 3 albums rule last 2 have been garbage.

New Kalmah is fucking phenominal.

Mweh, I don't listen to Kalmah but Norther is awesome.

N> a sense of purpose

New album is mostly hated by new and old fans.

Assumedly you're judging this opinion of "new and old fans" from the opinions you've seen on last.fm's shoutbox or something, because critical reviews of the album are generally good and most of the In Flames fans I've spoken to enjoyed the album. If you didn't then OK, but remarks like that just make your opinion worthless.

In Flames are probably my favorite melodic death band. Albums like "Jester Race/Black Ash, "Whoracle" and my favorite "Colony" are fuckin' excellent. But, "Sense of Purpose" sounds rushed and forced. IF just don't seem to be concentrating enough on writing good songs. Seems like, this put out 13 mediocre songs instead of 9 excellent ones. I'm all for their "new" direction. Good ideas are on this album, they just don't expand on them. The artwork is fuckin' juvenile. I am dissapointed in this.
mm that what i think about CC to me Sense sounds fresh and honest, théy aren´t kids anymore, so as i said before this is IF 2008 like it or not
:headbang:

New album is mostly hated by new and old fans. :lol:

Cool Slayer has sucked since 1990...have fun with there awful new materal silentscream.. At least In Flames write catchy fun music...Slayer try to be evil and true still and they sound terrible. Mayeb slayer should've gone emocore like In FLames have.
o_O