About Aquilon (dark death metal band)

opethfan

New Metal Member
Mar 17, 2003
France
Visit site
www.aquilonband.com

Aquilon is a band with a very own style. I can not even stick a name to it. I'll try to explain each part of the puzzle. The keyboards (two of them!) are mainly uses for fillings, samples and background strings. It's not in a domination position and therefore it adds up to the atmosphere instead of disturbing it. Complex and non-regular rhythms are used on the odd-timed parts, nice footwork and sturdy rhythms on the more heavy parts. The vocals done by Alexandre are either spoken, clean sung or grunted. Anne supports with a good chanting voice. The guitars, well I don't know how I should call that. Melody is a keyword, and the biggest influence they have is probably just 'metal', also here and there some deathmetal. Sweet melodies and cool solos, mixed with crunchy riffs. one song seems to be in the vein of Amorphis and after that, something like Nightwish (musically only ), or a kind of atmospheric deathmetal. I must say, they are one of the few 'original' bands I've heard lately, with that much variation on one disc. They manage to keep it interesting and of high level. This is musicianship.