About the ProgPower USA XIV Roster for 2013

I believe I heard a quote that the new Ryche with Todd got 70k for Halfway Jam, not sure how true that figure is, but of its close you can probably cross them off the guess list for 2013.

Aska needs to become part of this festival. Obviously not as a headliner, but they would slay in a one or two slot. I saw George perform with Banshee last week. That guy can bring it live.

As for the headliners... I'm going to go with Atomic Soul, Brainstorm and Freedom Call.

ASKA needs to become part of this festival. Obviously not as a headliner, but they would slay in a one or two slot. I saw George perform with Banshee last week. That guy can bring it live.

That is quoted for sheer truth, George Call would have the crowd eating out of his hand in less than 5 minutes, awesome stage presense.

I'm not sure what to do now that I can't make my annual request for Pretty Maids.

Yeah,right.
This was one of my last wish list bands as well.
All I have left is Sybreed(though I did see them,it was a 6 song bottom of bill set;so this doesn't quite count)and Psychotic Waltz
I mean
Conception
Enchant
Riverside
Pretty Maids

Maybe Devin Townsend again

Completely shocked that no one has guessed this:
FATES WARNING
ARCH / MATHEOS
REDEMPTION

I'm glad you bring this up. I had some speculations about Fates Warning playing, seeing as how Glenn likes sitting on lawn chairs and enjoying nature.
652313.jpg

Jesus. All these PPUSA vets....and not ONE said "Evergrey". I get the feeling that this might be the last call for PPUSA. So, If it is, It'll go out with a bang: Shadow Gallery, Evergrey and Rhapsody of Fire/Luca Turilli's Rhapsody. I would also expect either Galneryus or Loudness to be a 4 or 5 slot.

So I've been watching this video and studying it for clues. I think I got a couple.

iWaZU8zqNG57G.png

We see Glenn constantly putting up 3 fingers... at one point he even flat out says the word "Three". Could progressive rock band 3 be playing?

The Sabaton shirt is almost too obvious a hint, its clear to me he's trying to trick us. So I'm looking passed the shirt and thinking to myself... what's he trying to tell us with those sunglasses?

jkXfAGUlbuUHK.jpg

His glasses remind me of Daniel Gildenlow's "Mr. Money" character from the BE album. Is he trying to tell us that we'll be seeing a reenactment of the BE concerts from 2004?

I sure hope I'm right! :kickass:

I'm sorry, I don't see how any reasonable person who paid close attention to the video could come away from it thinking Pain of Salvation are playing next year. Yes, on the surface this video is just a recording of Glenn sitting by a stream talking about having the roster for PPUSA XIV booked, but there are many clues that have been deliberately placed in the video that betray the hidden secrets behind next year's lineup.

Let us first examine the articles of clothing worn in this video. You can see Glenn is wearing a "t-shirt", a popular type of clothing ideal for the outdoors or warm weather. T is also the first letter in the name of the English progressive metal band "Threshold", and the band has been known to utilize a stylized "T" as its band logo, as seen below.

paradox.jpg

Another clue lies in the printed graphic on the "t-shirt" in question. At first glance it appears to be a simple, harmless image of the members of the power metal band "Sabaton" along with the name of the band printed on top, but look closely....

sx9M3.png

As you can see in this image, the letters in the word "SABATON", when rearranged, spell out "NOT SAAB". "Saab" is a company which is a well-known manufacturer of Swedish cars, which are renowned for their safety and offbeat demographic of owners. From this information it is obvious that the bands in the PPUSA XIV lineup will have the opposite qualities of Saab vehicles; they will be "risky", "not offbeat", and most importantly, not Swedish!

If it seems far-fetched that all this information can be gleaned from a detail as simple as a t-shirt, remember this: Sabaton are from Sweden! If that doesn't seal the deal, I don't know what does. :headbang: