about to buy new pair of monitoring headphones

Brender500

Mar 16, 2010
i will probably buy a new pair at the end of the week and i will be ordering them online so i can't try them out.I dont have a big budget either,$100 tops.
these are the ones i am looking at so hopefully some of you guys have had experience with them and can give me some advice

Ultrasone HFI-450 S-Logic Surround Headphones(mostly leaning toward)

Sennheiser HD280 Pro Closed-Back Headphones

Audio Technica ATH-PRO5 MS

KRK KNS-6400 Studio Headphones

Shure SRH440 Studio Headphones

Got a pair of refurbished Audio-Technica ATH-M40 Studios a couple of weeks ago for $40. Money well spent.

I own both the Sennheiser 280's and the HD205's. I particulary like the sound of the 205's better, but boy are they tight on your head. More than half and hour with those on and your ears will really start to hurt. They are both great for monitoring, but I wouldn't even attempt to mix out of either.

$150??? false. You can get them at several places on the internet for $115 and that includes the shipping.

Not anymore, they are $150 standard around for REAL ones. There are certainly fakes (I see a lot of ebay) for around $115.

i decided to go with the ATH-M50,And guess what,I got them for 89$ brand new from musicians friend

they have a guarantee that they will beat any price and i found them for $98:98 over on titanpeak.com so i just called the costumer service number and they matched the price and they also take 10% off when they beat a price so i got them for 89$ and now i am super happy i saved so much money!

They were $89ish on ebay when I bought mine. Not anymore though, but still for $159 they are totally worth it!

Edit: Oh that's awesome that they'll match the price.