Abydos DVD Trailer!!

swayn3rd

h4x
Jul 19, 2006

Have any of you seen the DVD? This looks incredible. I ordered my copy last week and i'm dying from the anticipation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Andy told me this is PAL format only, what are you guys watching it on?

There are so many off the shelf players that you can tweak, to run any video format, as well as region code. I personally have a Toshiba unit that I got on Amazon for like $40. After a minute or two searching the net, I found the crack. I can play any dvd from anywhere.... I love it.

Awesome! Thanks for posting that. I tried to order the DVD, but ran into payment issues. In order to get it before leaving for Germany on June 20th, I had to do a bank transfer where the fee was greater than the cost of the DVD. Where are you guys ordering in from? Actually going to get to see the play live and wanted to preview it. Probably better off being surprised, but I still will want the DVD.

There are so many off the shelf players that you can tweak, to run any video format, as well as region code. I personally have a Toshiba unit that I got on Amazon for like $40. After a minute or two searching the net, I found the crack. I can play any dvd from anywhere.... I love it.

+1

I bought the Philips DVD player you recommended and it will play everything. The video component-out doesn't work right, though. (Only the red signal seems to send.)

My xbox 360 seems to play PAL. It played Vision Divine's DVD and that was PAL. So I'm hoping this will play as well.

After reading your post I put the Angra Dvd that came with my copy of Temple of Shadows. It's a Pal DVD also and the X-Box 360 does play it!!:kickass:
I would never thought of even trying it.

Cheers!!

I strongly advise against watching that dvd. :puke:
Hi,

I accept your point of view but I do absolutely not agree with you. I saw that "Heavy Mental Shadow Opera" twice in Kaiserslautern (I live near there) and I found it fantastic. Also, I have the DVD and it replays the show quite good (ran it a doz. times).

In fact, the trailer creates another picture of what it is as it looks diffrent. But the show is a lot more. The base to that "Rock Opera" was Andy Kuntz' Album Abydos which you will probably know. Alls songs from that Album appear in the show but of course, Van den Plas did not play that hard as the Opera should reach all kind of people, not only the Metal World (by the way, "Hyperion Sunset" is the best example to show that Andy Kuntz is a very experienced musician and composer. Try to find it on DVD without booklet. You'd be surprised!)

If you know the background of Abydos(Kuntz lost his father and 3 further beloved people in short time and this is what made him write the Album and finally, this Oper Show), and if you really do try to understand the complete story, word by word, and if you read between the lines, you will see that it is quite more than just a simple Opera or Metal Album.
To be true, it's in my mind since I saw the show for the first time in April. It made me think about it quite often and it still does. And if you really think about this Opera, you will have so many thoughts that you could fill a book with them.
If you just see a boring story of a boy named "Fly" who lost his father and later in his life walks through strange dungeons , then you probably missed the message.

Well, that's my opinion to "Abydos". My compliments to Andy Kuntz for this perfect Opera which unites Metal, Rock, Opera and Musical in one fantastic Album/DVD/Show. Thank you and I hope, you will, one day, compose a further one.

MOST PC dvd players will play PAL discs, but usually you'll need some kind of software to eliminate the region code (if it has one other than 0), as PC DVD rom/dvd burners only allow you to change the region code 4 or 5 times.
I have a Cyberhome 300 that I bought at Wal-Mart for under $40 that has yet to reject any store bought PAL/other region DVD. It's a little finnicky with burned cds though.....

Hi,

I accept your point of view but I do absolutely not agree with you. I saw that "Heavy Mental Shadow Opera" twice in Kaiserslautern (I live near there) and I found it fantastic. Also, I have the DVD and it replays the show quite good (ran it a doz. times).

In fact, the trailer creates another picture of what it is as it looks diffrent. But the show is a lot more. The base to that "Rock Opera" was Andy Kuntz' Album Abydos which you will probably know. Alls songs from that Album appear in the show but of course, Van den Plas did not play that hard as the Opera should reach all kind of people, not only the Metal World (by the way, "Hyperion Sunset" is the best example to show that Andy Kuntz is a very experienced musician and composer. Try to find it on DVD without booklet. You'd be surprised!)

If you know the background of Abydos(Kuntz lost his father and 3 further beloved people in short time and this is what made him write the Album and finally, this Oper Show), and if you really do try to understand the complete story, word by word, and if you read between the lines, you will see that it is quite more than just a simple Opera or Metal Album.
To be true, it's in my mind since I saw the show for the first time in April. It made me think about it quite often and it still does. And if you really think about this Opera, you will have so many thoughts that you could fill a book with them.
If you just see a boring story of a boy named "Fly" who lost his father and later in his life walks through strange dungeons , then you probably missed the message.

Well, that's my opinion to "Abydos". My compliments to Andy Kuntz for this perfect Opera which unites Metal, Rock, Opera and Musical in one fantastic Album/DVD/Show. Thank you and I hope, you will, one day, compose a further one.

Braxil had to of been talking about the Angra DVD featuring God himself. (Edu)

Whatever it is that insideout uses to ship needs to hurry up so I can watch this already.

zedowns said:
Whatever it is that insideout uses to ship needs to hurry up so I can watch this already.

Yea seriously.. It's been a little over 3 weeks since I ordered it. :{

Have any of you seen the DVD? This looks incredible. I ordered my copy last week and i'm dying from the anticipation.

Andy Kuntz sent a copy of it to me. He's a very nice guy, and the video kicks major butt. It's PAL format, but our all-region player (a really cheap DVD player made by Astar) handles just about any DVD made.

I'm so looking forward to Vanden Plas. Andy rocks!

Cheers,

Bill

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Dude read the original post, I was talking about the Angra dvd that MXgonzo mentioned, lol. I haven't seen Abydos yet but I'm very much looking forward to it.

Dude read the original post, I was talking about the Angra dvd that MXgonzo mentioned, lol. I haven't seen Abydos yet but I'm very much looking forward to it.

ooops... , after reading it again, I must say sorry.... :oops:
Quite late yesterday...too late to read correctly :saint: