Accept - Blood of the Nations Tour

I saw them in Baltimore, last Friday. AMAZING. I'm totally crushing on their new vocalist, now. Sexy old men FTW!

Attendance WAS light, but, it was a great crowd. And unfortunately, as a power/prog metal fan, I'm used to my favorite musicians having light turn-outs. You should have seen the crowd at Primal Fear's show!! It felt like a private performance!
Awesome! Where we you? My sons had the rail right in front of Herman. I was right behind them. My wife was on the rail front and center. :)

I'm not an Accept fan by any stretch. I just never understood the appeal of this band. With that said, I listened to samples of the new one and it sounds like it rips! If the rest of their stuff sounds this "thick" and "heavy", then I need to go back into their catalog!

~Brian~

I'm not an Accept fan by any stretch. I just never understood the appeal of this band. With that said, I listened to samples of the new one and it sounds like it rips! If the rest of their stuff sounds this "thick" and "heavy", then I need to go back into their catalog!

~Brian~

Dude, some of the new one reminds me of Savatage in places. Can't name any off the top of my head right now. There are places where he reminds me of Oliva's screams too. But it is more than that, some of the riffs have the 'Tage feel. This is the first CD of theirs in 27 years that I've really liked. Restless and Wild is an awesome CD too! Hard to believe that something was that heavy in 1982!

I saw them at the Starland in NJ Saturday. This was the third time seeing them on this tour. I place the shows in the following order:

BEST SHOW: The Starland 9/25/2010
SECOND BEST: GRAMERCY THEATER May 2010 (This was their debut with Tornillo and one of the best shows I had ever seen, which tells you something about the Starland show )
THIRD BEST: Progpower Kickoff Atlanta Sep 2010

Since Mark T is from NJ (being the singer for TT Quick) the NJ show had a special vibe. Dave DiPietro from TT Quick came up and joined the band on guitar for BALLS TO THE WALL. The Starland is pretty large and the crowd pretty well filled the place. Unsure how many people but well attended.

I ran into Michelle and Dave from Beyond Ear Candy and met their son Tom (I believe that was his name) for the first time. Oh and speaking of the younger generation, not only was Tom there, but the group of friends I went with included 3 teenagers with their parents who became Accept fans for sure after the show.

I was happy to see that the MA show was well-attended by an enthusiastic crowd (including familiar faces that I see at a lot of other area shows). King's X definitely helped fill the room a lot - you could tell there was a whole group of people there specifically for King's X and a different group who went up front for Accept. I was scared I would be late (got really lost and almost ran out of gas on the way) but I only missed one King's X song and was able to see both bands kick major, major ass! Cheers to a dude in a ProgPower shirt who gave me the horns between sets and complimented my Pentagram shirt.

I was happy to see that the MA show was well-attended by an enthusiastic crowd (including familiar faces that I see at a lot of other area shows). King's X definitely helped fill the room a lot - you could tell there was a whole group of people there specifically for King's X and a different group who went up front for Accept. I was scared I would be late (got really lost and almost ran out of gas on the way) but I only missed one King's X song and was able to see both bands kick major, major ass! Cheers to a dude in a ProgPower shirt who gave me the horns between sets and complimented my Pentagram shirt.

Good to hear you enjoyed it. I figure I know how long Accept's set has been, but how long is King's X playing? I haven't been able to find any setlists anywhere.

Yeah, I was kinda surprised when I heard Kings X. I was like, "This.. this is not metal! What is going on?!"

I was frightened and confused.

For the record, I like them a lot but I agree in that they aren't metal and don't belong here. From things I've heard this is not the first time they've been on a metal package. Supposedly they were on a Dio/Hammerfall tour years ago as well. When I hear that and then when there was that thread months ago of bands that should've succeeded more and King's X was unanimous, I can't help to think that this is a big reason why they weren't more successful. Putting yourself on a tour in which you don't belong will hurt a band's career significantly. Plus, it hurts the headliner as I know there are some who are on the fence of going to this because King's X is the opener. Very odd.

Dio and Hammerfall!? Dude.. I would have had an annurism from all the awesome. x_x I played with Hammerfall this year, and it was the highlight of my career (so far!). I really hate it when they put people on a tour who don't belong, but I can admit, I'm kinda picky. Like.. personally.. I -HATE- when there are death metal bands on a power metal tour. Well, maybe I just hate bad death metal bands.. but when I go to a power metal show, I want to hear singing. Preferably about dragons.

I'll be playing a show on Saturday with Doro, and they have an Iron Maiden tribute band going on before her. x_x..............

I was at the Foxboro show as well, great crowd. The sound at Showcase Live is probably the best I've ever heard, just a solid venue. King's X was fantastic, met the guys after their set. They were incredibly gracious & appreciative.

Accept was effin' phenomenal!!!! Had not seen them since the god-awful Eat The Heat tour. One of the best all-around nights of music for me last night.

Foxboro setlist:
Starlight
Living for Tonite
Breaker
Teutonic Terror
The Abyss
Restless & Wild
Son of a Bitch
Metal Heart
Neon Nights
Bulletproof
No Shelter
Flash Rocking Man
Up to the Limit
Midnight Mover
Fast as a Shark

Encore:
Pandemic
Princess of the Dawn
Balls to the Wall

While I don't have a setlist for King's X, their set was very Dogman-heavy (4 songs or so from that one...fine by me! brilliant album). I feel like they played a full hour set. The only part I wasn't real big on was Dug's speech and the uber-extended version of Over My Head, because they could have played one or two additional songs in the time used up for those.

Dio and Hammerfall!? Dude.. I would have had an annurism from all the awesome. x_x I played with Hammerfall this year, and it was the highlight of my career (so far!). I really hate it when they put people on a tour who don't belong, but I can admit, I'm kinda picky. Like.. personally.. I -HATE- when there are death metal bands on a power metal tour. Well, maybe I just hate bad death metal bands.. but when I go to a power metal show, I want to hear singing. Preferably about dragons.

I'll be playing a show on Saturday with Doro, and they have an Iron Maiden tribute band going on before her. x_x..............

Agreed. The problem is a lot of these power metal tours end up touring with US or Canadian-based death or metalcore bands, and they usually are bad ones at that. While it may be more expensive to put together, I think having power metal tours of two decent names is better, much like how Kamelot toured with Edguy a couple of years ago.

While I don't have a setlist for King's X, their set was very Dogman-heavy (4 songs or so from that one...fine by me! brilliant album). I feel like they played a full hour set. The only part I wasn't real big on was Dug's speech and the uber-extended version of Over My Head, because they could have played one or two additional songs in the time used up for those.

Glad to hear that. Dogman is my favorite album of theirs.

I saw King's X open for AC/DC - that's one that makes less sense than Accept or Dio/Hammerfall.
I think they are absolutely a metal band.

Huh? I think that's a MUCH better fit as they are a hard rock band in my opinion. Some of their stuff has a slight metal touch but not much. The only problem opening for AC/DC is trying to match that energy.

Agreed. The problem is a lot of these power metal tours end up touring with US or Canadian-based death or metalcore bands, and they usually are bad ones at that. While it may be more expensive to put together, I think having power metal tours of two decent names is better, much like how Kamelot toured with Edguy a couple of years ago.

Yes!! I actually played on that tour! It was a HELL of a show.. the club was sold out, line out the door. My band was supposed to go on first, but then, Operetika CANCELLED last minute, and Timelord showed up late!! So instead, Timelord played first, we went on after.. and then.. EDGUY! It was an amazing show. All progressive metal, and the audience seemed to appreciate that. Best crowd in VA I've ever seen.

If King's X were willing to play smaller-size clubs (500 and less capacity) they could headline IMO. I think they're not doing much of that because A) they want to play the biggest rooms they can and B) they receive offers from bands (like Accept) that they (apparently) like and say yes to.

I saw them open for Extreme which was a good pairing IMO.

Good to hear you enjoyed it. I figure I know how long Accept's set has been, but how long is King's X playing? I haven't been able to find any setlists anywhere.

I didn't post the set list from the Baltimore show (I have it though), but the length of their set was in the review I wrote (link in the first message of this thread). It was 75 minutes long - that's a REALLY long for an opening band.