Adagio - A Band In Upperworld (live)

I haven't heard it, but I hear that the band has not quite gelled yet in a live setting. I hear this showed at Prog Power. I guess no matter how monstrous of players you have in your band it takes a lot of practice to get playing live down pat, especially when you play songs as difficult as the Underworld stuff.

i think its a great album ,evrything is good on it except the drumsound.by the way the i dont like the basswqork that much the guy is too frickin jazzy(he never plays a line of 16notes there man,which is not metal at all)

the show at PP5 was not good... The singer was more concerned with getting the crowd claping and pumping fists rather then singing well. He is not nearly as good as the studo singer they had...its a shame cuz i was looking forward to that performance...

dargormudshark said:
Yes, we need more people on that forum.

BTW, I loved the Adagio show at PP5
It's a pity that Adagio never come to Finland... Of course they could come but they don't.
When i get older I travel to France or somewhere else to see Adagio. I can guarantee that.

dusro2 said:
the show at PP5 was not good... The singer was more concerned with getting the crowd claping and pumping fists rather then singing well. He is not nearly as good as the studo singer they had...its a shame cuz i was looking forward to that performance...

I don't know what Progpower 5 *you* were at, but the one I was at their new singer was fuckin phenominal. He is so much better for Adagio than David was and I think their next album will be their best yet because of him.

And personally its good that Gus was concerned with getting the crowd into it...pumping fists is what metal is about, and he does a much better job at being a frontman than a lot of other progmetal vocalists I have seen (Sir Russel not included).

edit: also, keep in mind Progpower 5 was Gus' SECOND show with Adagio. I don't think many other singers would appear more comfortable than he was with the material on only the 2nd show with the band.