Bergatt 10
Kveldssanger 9
Nattens 10
Themes 10
Metamorphosis 7
Perdition City 10
Silence Teaches you... 10
Silencing the Singing 8

i dont base an album on a scale like that. the music on ulver albums some of the best ever recorded in my opinion. Lyckanthropen themes has been in my cd player and head alot latley. though i suppose i can say that for most every ulver release. ---yep---

I will not rate them cos they're so different, but here's a few comments on each of 'em:

Vargnatt - simply amazing. lots of variation. very fierce vocals and some clean high vocals. the acoustic piece "Trollskogen" is great. they show that they were skilled even back then.

Bergtatt - another great one. i think the production is a little tame for being a black metal album though. could have been more violent

Kveldssanger (not janger or fanger) - very nice when you want to pace down from all the BM pounding in your stereo. strong, haunting vocals

Nattens Madrigal - a shock at first, but then after a while you realize how great this is. a little bit more variety of speed would make it a true masterpiece, even though the production is (deliberately) bad

Marriage of Heaven & Hell - Also great but no more metal. Good production and very strong singing. nice acoustic parts as well. I think they could have skipped some of the fillers of "industrial noise" which aren't even songs and fit it all into one disc

Metamorphosis - hmmm, the last part of Gnosis i really like, but the rest...i would never listen to it if it wasn't Ulver

Perdition City - Again, a very good album. they made a complete album in the same direction as the parts from Metamorphosis that were good

Silence teaches.. - totally uninteresting if you ask me.

Silencing the singing - as i said before about metamorphosis, nothing i would listen to if it wasn't Ulver, but it's ok. it has its moments

Lycantropen - sounds nice but a bit boring, same thing through and through

1st Decade - just crap. this isn't even an Ulver record and you can hardly hear anything that relates to the original songs. i won't even try to get into this

A quick Fix of Melancholy and Svidd neger have i only heard some samples from so i think it's too early to say

That's my opinion

KveldsjangLer is a Norwegian word, meaning evening lurcher. There are two types of Norwegian, though; Nynorsk and Bokmål, and there are probably some differences in different regions. Norwegians don't just put random j's in the middle of their words for no reason.

Sorgh

If you're still curious about the spelling I suggest you do a little research on fonts called "Fraktur". In old script there were 2 different "s", one "ending s" and one "long s". You will notice that "long s" and "f" (and maybe even "j") are very simular. Compare the strange letter on the cover and you'll find the answer.
If you think this ain't worth the trouble I can give you the answer right now. Since the title is a combination of 2 words the first s looks like a regular one (ending s) and the second is a "long s" and looks like "f".

Vargnatt - 8
Bergtatt - 9.5
Kvelssanger - 9.5
Nattens madrigal - 8
Marriage of heaven... - 7
metamorphosis - 7
Perdition city - 9.5
silence teaches - 7
silencing the singing - 7.5
lykantropen - 6.5
quick fix - 8.5

maybe a bit generous...but i love all their releases.:D