Albums you're currently enjoying

DiscipleOfPlato said:
Symphony-X-"The Odyssey": I have yet to grow sick of this...an excellent album from one of the genre's most talented bands.

Death-"The Sound of Perseverance": I decided to check this band out after hearing so much praise for their work, and I have to say, to those who know me, the only thing more surprising then me purchasing this album is how much I enjoyed it.

Iced Earth-"Iced Earth": I just ordered this album off Relapse Records a while ago and it's great...the only minor flaw are the weak vocals but it only takes some quick time getting used to.

That was my first symphony album, it rocks, I just love it. Very nice work with allt he instruments and vocals.

I've been wanting to buy this. I'm listening to the Painkiller cover off of it right now. Sounded like a great album when I previewed it at this record store, can't wait to purchase it.

Yeah, I barrowed a friends copy and loved it and then I found a used copy for 5$. Really, really good debut album, I love it. I liked the vocals, they could of had more drive and power though, but I was less satisfied with the drumming than the vocals. The drums got the work done but they just felt bland, moreso than they should of on an IE album.

Anyways, as for what I'm enjoying right now.....

Metallica - Master Of Puppets: Finally got this album on CD and It's been playing nearly non-stop ever since.

Metallica - Justice For All: Also just got this on CD, never listened to it that much so it still feels kind of fresh. Love the sound of Lars' bass on this record, listen to it a lot when I go skating.

Rick Wakeman - Journey To The Center Of The Universe: Some kickass piano dude that was with Yes if I remember correctly. Listen to this in the car a lot.

King Crimson - Discipline: Really cool album that is a lot different than the majority of my record collection. Really nice guitar parts and pretty vocals.

Crystal Age - Far Beyond Divine Horizons: Picked this up at a local record store that has a dirt cheap used foreign metal section, paid 3$ for it, still in plastic wrap. What a find. Damn this album is just awsome. I love it. Go listen to them if you get the chance. :)

Most commonly played in the last few weeks:

The Gathering- Souvenirs
Faith No More- Angel Dust
Misery Loves Co.- Your Vision Was Never Mine to Share
Children of Bodom- HCDR
Hooverphonic- A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular
Paradise Lost- Symbol of Life
tATu- 200 KM/H In the Wrong Lane
Super Transatlantic- Shuttlecock
Dodheimsgard- Satanic Art

Megadeth - Killing is My Business...and Business is Good (Remaster): the production quaility is very nice, and it has some of the fastest most bad ass Megadeth songs I've ever heard. I think this album is extremely underrated.

Dimmu Borgir - Enthrone Darkness Triumphant: I heard In Death's Embrace a while ago, so I just picked up this album, and I completely dig it. Beatiful atmosphere, great riffs and drumming. I don't get why Dimmu gets such a bad rap. If the rest of their stuff sounds this good, I'll be planning on picking up some more of their albums.

Death - Spiritual Healing: another album that is pretty underrated. People say early Death stuff wasn't very complex or technical, but I think that this kills Human. Low Life fucking owns.

Melechesh - "Sphynx"
Dimmu Borgir - "Death Cult Armageddon"
Marduk - "World Funeral"
Vital Remains - "Dechristianize"
Slayer - "War At The Warfield" DVD
Ensiferum - "S/T"
Moonsorrow - "Kivenkantaja"

yesm, i'm also exploring the joys of Vital Remains' new masterpiece.

also, Enmity - Vomit Forth Intestinal Excrement (hard work!)
Immolation - Unholy Cult. OooOooo

neuraxis neuraxis neuraxis debodified debodified debodified sepsism sepsism epsism

Threshold - Critical Mass (awesome awesome awesome).
Alias Eye - Field Of Names (very underrated.. And unknown.. grew on me only recently..)
Andromeda - II=I (purchased it back in March, it didn't grow on me back then.. Only now I realize that it's a solid Prog album - not as catchy as their first release, but much more refined... and well, solid.)
Testament - Practice What You Preach (a classic)
Metallica - ...And Justice (been enjoying it for two months non-stop now.)
Ephel Duath - Painter's Palette (a solid piece of work, though could've been a little more refined)
Slayer - Seasons In Abyss
Nevermore - Enemies Of Reality (not really enjoying, it, actually. Reminds me of Metallica's St. Anger production-wise. All the melodies and motives are lost in this heavy, distorted, NOISE... Tomorrow Turned is an awesome song, though, but I'm still regretting I purchased it.. maybe in a year in will grow on me, I don't know.. :))..

Y&T - Contagious
Helloween- Better Than Raw
Helloween - Rabbit Don't Come Easy
Nevermore - Enemies Of Reality
Running Wild - Port Royal
AC/DC - Highway To Hell

My Dying Bride - The Dreadful Hours
At The Gates - With Fear I Kiss The Burning Darkness
Anathema - Crestfallen EP
Anathema - A Fine Day To Exit
Metallica - ...And Justice For All

There's probably more but I'm having a mental block.

Cynic - Focus
Martyr - Warp Zone
Behemoth - Zos kia cultus
Darkane - Rusted Angel
Ani difranco - Out of range (not really metal but I love it)

In the past couple weeks...

Necrophagist - Onset of Putrefaction
Scholomance - Immortality Murder
Dead Soul Tribe - A Murder of Crows
Exhumed - Anatomy is Destiny
Vehemence - God Was Created (cannot fuckin get sick of this album no matter how much I play it)

1) Morbid angel- heretic (well one song from as the rest are still unreleased Check it out it fucking rocks **ENSHRINED BY GRACE*****[downlad it at earache.com])

2)Deicide insynerathymn

3)Vile Depopulate

4)Six Feet Under- maximum violence

also Immolation-failures for gods cant fergit dat derrrrrrr

Ok I'll attempt to keep it to a minimum...

Symphony X - Divine Wings of Tragedy
Manowar - Kings of Metal
Iron Maiden - The Number of the Beast
and the odd one(s) out...
Dissection - The Somberlain and Storm of the Light's Bane
Ehh...