Alec's Tavern : The Frost Blast

Alec Walter Conway

Mother North's Lover
Jun 14, 2006
VINLAND (Montreal)
Sit down, have a drink, talk about anything at all. Got a good story? Related to what's being said? Not related? Whatever, tell us about it! You had a bad day? A good day? You need to talk about it? Tell people how pissed at your young brother you are? Go right ahead! Lets make this place a flourishing haven of totally random discussion :kickass: :D

What shows have you guys been to recently? I haven't been to one in a while, but my last one was Nargaroth. It was fricking awesome :headbang: :worship:

Was supposed to go see uneXpect and Augury tonight, but I figured I've seen them so often, I dont really feel like paying 20$ to see them once more lol. And even though I'm a bassist, and Augury's bassist is a total beast, I kinda lost my interrest in seeing him live since I took courses from him for almost a full year. He totaly kicks ass.

What about you guys?

I'm a bit annoyed right now. Cause I spent a lot of time transcribing those lyrics, and I would lke to be credited for my work at least. I know I didn't write them or anything, but it's not like it's just done in ten minutes. So I'm a bit :/

I'm reminding myself why I don't enjoy leaving the house. Went out shopping today to buy some Canvas and Oil paints, got mocked by a lot of people. Got to love being the freak of the world, wheee! But what I find amusing is that I'm hated by so many people, yet every time I go out I get at least one guy hitting on me, so I can't be too upset. Upon attempting to find Solens Rotter and failing, I muttered out "Fucking cunts" and a random guy who was standing beside turned and questioned what was wrong. I explained my little story of searching everywhere for Solens Rotter and not being successful, that and I can't order stuff online usually. We got chatting about metal and to impress me he picked up Cosmic Genesis (which is the only Vintersorg album in most stores I noticed)... and decided to buy it, he then asked if we could exchange phone numbers. Just a shame I already have a boyfriend who I love a lot. ;D

So I'm happy right now... but not. Arg.

I bought Eldees and SSX Blur yesterday, SXX Blur is fucking really hard. I also wanna play the new maps in Gears of War :cry:

i find that hard to believe after having seen the photo you posted in the other thread.. :oops:

Although all you can see is my hair and a tree in the backround so I don't understand how you could really judge. Although I am wearing a Borknagar t-shirt, which means instant awesome for me.

On the note of video games. Does anyone like yee olden games? I'm addicted to Lufia right now.

Although all you can see is my hair and a tree in the backround so I don't understand how you could really judge. Although I am wearing a Borknagar t-shirt, which means instant awesome for me.

On the note of video games. Does anyone like yee olden games? I'm addicted to Lufia right now.

I didn't think you were big from that picture (and you CAN see it from behind as well). Hmm, people just love finding flaws in others.

games ehh...
i kinda grew out of playing video games, these days the only game i play on a regular basis is Counter-Strike. used to be very addicted to various types of other games as well, such as RTS and Flight Sims.
the only games i'm looking forward to of this year are Half-Life 2: Episode Two and Unreal Tournament 2007.

Only game I'm looking forward to is 'Duke Nukem Forever':D Remember 'Duke Nukem 3D'? It was such a great game... Anyway (taking) Forever's development started some 10 years ago:O And we're still waiting:) Well... most normal people gave up, but not me!:(

Erm... Texas Hold 'em is the best thing in the entire world!

Only game I'm looking forward to is 'Duke Nukem Forever':D Remember 'Duke Nukem 3D'? It was such a great game... Anyway (taking) Forever's development started some 10 years ago:O And we're still waiting:) Well... most normal people gave up, but not me!:(

Erm... Texas Hold 'em is the best thing in the entire world!

Okay. heard of PKR? A poker client where you can customize your character, its 3d graphics, pretty nice looking with emoticons and all too. Check it out. I only play playmoney too.. but thing is when playing on the internet with play money is that the gameplay easily ends up being unserious, everyone going all in all the time since you can refill money..

IMO Skat is the best card game ever :) I'm not into all this Texas Hold 'em fever, it's a bit annoying ;)

On my PC I like to play Gothic III and Day of Defeat: Source where I'm pretty good in, if you ask me, hehe :D

i thought they announced many years ago that Manhattan Project would be the end for Duke Nuke'm...?! :loco: there would be no point in releasing DN Forever because it would be outdated for like 5 (not 10.. :rolleyes: ) years, as you mentioned they started developing it a long time ago.

i thought they announced many years ago that Manhattan Project would be the end for Duke Nuke'm...?! :loco: there would be no point in releasing DN Forever because it would be outdated for like 5 (not 10.. :rolleyes: ) years, as you mentioned they started developing it a long time ago.

In 1996, George Broussard was interviewed about future 3D Realms projects: he said that a Duke Nukem side-scroller called "Duke Nukem Forever" was in production and was supposed to come out by Christmas 1997. [2] The project was later cancelled, with the name Duke Nukem Forever reassigned to the true Duke Nukem 3D sequel. When Manhattan Project was first shown to the public, rumors began to spread about it actually being the cancelled Duke Nukem Forever side-scroller, but this has since been clarified: Manhattan Project is a game original to ARUSH.

Meaning that 'Manhattan Project' was a game made by a different studio and 3D Realms have been making the 'Duke Nukem 3D' sequel since 1997... anyway it won't be outdated since a big part of why it's taking so long is that they've switched graphics engines quite a few times:D I just hope it doesn't suck tho:D Hopefully it'll be even better than HL2:) We'll see... eventually.

Okay. heard of PKR? A poker client where you can customize your character, its 3d graphics, pretty nice looking with emoticons and all too. Check it out. I only play playmoney too.. but thing is when playing on the internet with play money is that the gameplay easily ends up being unserious, everyone going all in all the time since you can refill money..

I play Limit Texas Hold 'em on the internet.. I save No limit for my pals and real money:D On Europoker you start off with 1000 and can refill that 1000 whenever you fall bellow that mark, but once you're above 1000, you can't get any refills, so most people are pretty serious (because of course they want to get more play money). The ones that aren't, well I enjoy taking their play money.:D I also try to choose tables which have players with more money since they of course tend to play better and be more fun to play with, but with limit poker it's not really that big of a deal, I only hate it when fish raise all the time with like a pair or something and I end up folding, fearing a better hand than mine. It's not even that they're bluffing, they just don't know what the F*!K they're doing:D Anyway I've never tried playing No Limit on the internet, how does it work? I mean time-wise, how long are the time restrictions? With Europoker limit they're pretty short and I don't mind that..but with No Limit, I'd prefer to have the option to think awhile before I go ALL IN:D