Amaranth video up

Right, label(s) decide which tracks they want to release as singles. The fact is singles and videos will not make them money, vice versa. Since the dawn of CD and especially video in the 80's singles have been only a means of marketing the album. Actually very few artists and bands get to release single CDs for public sale these days and if they do it'll be more like a curiosity.
Main goal for singles is the label sending free copies to selected radios in hope to get some airplay. In countries where most radios are chained under the umbrella of the same corporation with a major lrecord bael, how difficult it will be to get airplay for an indie release at those stations, especially when they all are profiled for a narrow target audience and use the playlist format which doesn't allow oddball tracks included? A snowball in hell will have better odds for sure. There have been cases of record labels bribing DJs here and there, a big case concernig Sony a couple of years ago comes to mind...

Talking about Nightwish, in some interview last spring Tuomas said he was going to a meeting at Nuclear Blast HQ where they decided the single releases for DPP. At least they listened to his opinion, but then again Nw have a special situation since they carry the risk and produce and finance their CDs themselves, and only licence the finished product to labels for release. Not too many bands are lucky enough to ever achieve that kind of artistic and financial freedom.

The second single & video Bye Bye Beautiful, which was shot at the same time with Amaranth in LA, will have the radio premiere next week in Finland about a week before the album release date.

Btw. for those who like to know all possible random tidbits, the girl who is acting the angel in the Amaranth-video is Anya Monzikova, a 21 year old of Russian origin living currently in LA.

And guys please, no drooling on her promopics :lol: :saint:

Btw. for those who like to know all possible random tidbits, the girl who is acting the angel in the Amaranth-video is Anya Monzikova, a 21 year old of Russian origin living currently in LA.
sweet jesus!
8.gif

I've come to correct myself!

Yeah, Anette is a REALLY bad singer even generally speaking... :ill:

I never thought that a singer who can sing well can ever be SO bad at dancing, which is in a way connected to singing because both of those activities require rhythm...

O, oooooooooo. I meant a really bad dancer... Sorry... Lapsus lingue. :loco:

I can understand it, sorta. I remember watching the Madonna Truth or Dare movie and how she was complaining about one of her tapes being off, because you cannot sing and dance at the same time (something about the timing being different for both).

Well,if she thinks that the rhythm for singing is different than for dancing, or even worse, if the rhythm is different for those two actions it means that she doesn't know a lot about at least one of those things, and Madonna, being actually a dancer, and not a singer I can imagine which action of those two she isn't particularly good at, and obviously does not understand... :lol:

Yes, the record labels do pick the singles for the most part but I do think the band has a say in it. I remember watching the last Within Temptation DVD and them mentioning during the making of the "Angels" video that when it came time to pick the next single, they noticed that fans reacted very positively to that particular song at shows, and figured that would probably be their best bet as the next single.