Amon Amarth vs Destroyer 666

your life depends on this decision

• Total voters
Yeah, I'm thinking D666 will win this.

I voted Amon Amarth. As much as I think D666 kick all kinds of ass, not many bands beat Amon Amarth.

I've only heard one album + handful of songs from each, based on that I'm going with Deströyer 666 because Terror Abraxas is fucking pants.

I should probably pick up Once Sent Into Golden Showers some day though.

"lame pole" lol

I went with Amon Amarth because they have the edge when it comes to a live performance. There's not many bands that can follow AA on stage.

HAVE YOU SEEN D666 LIVE?!½?!?!?!?! HAAAVE YOU!??!?!
I've seen both

Seen AA approx 8 times.

Seen D666 once, up close and personal, in a venue the size of someone's living room.

Both excellent, but as far as live performances go, AA beats almost ANY band out there IMO.

Both bands are excellent live - D666 was in the perfect setting, even though they were plagued with technical problems through no fault of their own. (at one point the speakers went out because beer was spilled all over the wires onstage :kickass: ).

Seen AA I think 3 times and they tore the house down every time. Untill I see D666 again I have to give them the nod live.

In the studio, I get less bored with D666 than I do AA, save for Vs. the World and Once Sent From the Golden Hall. D666 has a fairly large advantage there for me so overall I give the nod to D666.

Jason

yeah I would agree with all that.

In truth, you only really need 1, maybe 2, AA albums. But it's that simplicity which works so well live on stage. It's just a lesson of going back to basics.

I really like the most recent AA. I think it's better than Versus the World.

In truth, you only really need 1, maybe 2, AA albums. But it's that simplicity which works so well live on stage. It's just a lesson of going back to basics.

No doubt. Bands like AA, Kreator, hell Dark Tranquillity can blow the roof off a place.

JayKeeley said:
I really like the most recent AA. I think it's better than Versus the World.

A revisit is in order, I only heard it once all the way through and remember digging it but not to a memorable degree. Hearing it only one time was not really a conscious decision though, it was more like - "have you heard this French Black metal band or Raventale or Ludicra or Root, or (insert awesome recommendation here)". :)