Amorphis anyone?

dolphz

Black Heart
Aug 21, 2001
Elmhurst, Ill. USA
Visit site
I have had "Tales from the Thousand Lakes" and "Elegy" for some time now. I love Tales and have listened to it many times, but never really got into Elegy. Well I just put on Elegy today and WOW it just hit me what a great cd this is.
Anyways, I was just wondering what their other cds were like and what you all thought of them. Thanks.

Tales from the Thousand Lakes is the only disc of theirs that I still listen too. I really didn't like their last two because I thought that they got too simple with their delivery but they did seem to get some good reviews.

I love Amorphis! They're right up there with Opeth as one of my favorite bands.

The only album from them I'm missing is Karelian Isthmus. But it's getting re-issued on November 12(same day as Bloodbath!), so that's when I'll pick it up and complete my collection.

As for the new stuff, I thought Am Universum was okay. It just seemed kinda.. random. Like it didn't really have a point. I don't know though, it just didn't really grab me.

Elegy, Tuonela, and Tales... are my favorite though.

Amorphis is fucking great!!!!!!!!
Elegy is my favorite, but i love TfTL and Tuneliversum :D

the new stuff is quite rockin as well :)

Nice Avatar Sigma....Virgin Black are amazing :headbang:

Amorphis are good :) I still have a few of their albums to get. Between them and Opeth though, for me Opeth always comes out on top.

I love Amorphis. "Elegy" is a much better than "Tales," in my opinion, although I love them both. :)

The music on Elegy vastly improves it... and the half/half clean/death vocals also gave them some much needed balance.

How could you not like Black Winter Day, Drowned Maid, Elegy, or My Kantele? ;)

I've been listening to Amorphis just about every day.

Good band, though I don´t like Pasi´s voice that much. They are also one of the dullest live bands ever :) And I´ve never heard speaks as bad as theirs. I still laugh my ass off to them...

"At summer there are lots of widows...and we are against them of course....AGAINST WIDOWS!!!"

"Everyone´s greedy sometimes....GREED!!!"

don't listen to them, dolphz. buy the last ones by amorphis [tuonela and am universum], and you'll discover something more than the early finnish folk death metal [or however you want to call it].

i peronally think they're beautiful albums, but open-minded people is hard to find...

Amorphis R0x0rz......

Elegy is my fave followed by TFT1000L...... The rest is still good, just not as GOOD as those two......

oh, i´ve only got elegy and tales.. it looks as if i´ll have to look and see what Tuonela is like. to be brutally honest, it never dawned upon me that they might have done any other cds. silly ol' me :)

I love everything Amorphis did up to (including) Elegy..."Privilege of Evil" & "The Karelian Isthmus" are great DM stuff from the old days..."Tales.." is one of the best albums ever and "Elegy" is very pretentious and varied like it should be...but "Tuonela" misses the typical Amorphis-vibe, as does "Am Universum"...it's simple Rock music, played well but nothing special ( ..and spare yourself comments about I'm not open minded or sth. like this.. )...it's so sad.. :cry: ...everything IMO, of course.. :)

heh, maybe i was too critical, but there are many people who don't stand the evolution of a band. i consider am universum a beautiful album, but here everyone talks just about tales... or elegy.

if tuonela and am universum miss something, they earn much more, imo!