amp choice

JimD70

New Metal Member
Nov 9, 2017
I'm trying to decide which amp/cab to get......I'm on a very tight budget so I'm looking a micro amp. Here are my choices.

1. Joyo Zombie
2. Peavey 6505 Pirrana
3. Orange dark terror
4. bugera g5
5. blackstar ht-1

Which would you get for high gain? will these give me the high gain that I want without any pedals in front? Then I will nee to consider a cab.....so can I get one of these microheads and get a cheap 4x12 cab and have it sound good?

The Dark Terror or the HT-1 are my preferred from this list. I have played both extensively. You can most definitely get bearable, enjoyable high gain tones without pedals from these amps, on a decently higher volume especially, with a 4x12.. although it never hurts to have a little compression and EQ pedals to dial shiz in. Two cents from a fellow hobbyist. Good luck, mate.

id suggest getting a cheap 1x12 cab thats loaded with a vintage 30 (best speaker in my opinion for metal)

as for amps, after i got myself the joyo zombie i straight away got rid of my piranha.

theres loads of videos on the zombie and even ola does an awesome review on it. ive linked a play through i did with my joyo zombie. threw a SM57 in front of the speaker and just went for it. seems to have a nice tone wherever you place the mic