...And Justice For All

I think the drum sound on ...And Justice For All is better than any other Metallica album. It's possibly my favourite Metallica album. St Anger has an awful drum-sound which cannot be compared to ...AJFA's.

Guardian of Darkness said:
I think the drum sound on ...And Justice For All is better than any other Metallica album. It's possibly my favourite Metallica album. St Anger has an awful drum-sound which cannot be compared to ...AJFA's.
I always thought that the sound of the drum tracks on AJFA sounded like someone hitting paper sacks with pencils or something. Not that the sound on St. Anger was much better. There was some sonic boom to the tracks on the black album....

Good job guys and gals! Some great points from all. I gotta say I agree with all of you in one way or another. And I'll go out on a limb with Decon and say that I love Load and Reload. They may not be the METALLICA we wanted, but are still great hard rock records. Same as MOTLEY CRUE with Corabi on vox....different...but good on it's own as an album. But not the MOTLEY sound....
JOHNNY D - the shitting in a cd case thing made me laugh aloud. You're a sick man. But hey, I must be one of those pigs in shit! I love ST ANGER too! hahaha I'm the same way with KISS, by the way. Gene Simmons could shit on ME and I'd still pay him for the burrito that he ate to do it!

Sorry,
Ted

Fucking great album, my first and favorite Metallica album.

I love the concept, its a lot deeper than Kill Em All 'bang your head' type lyrics. The guitar is nice and crunchy, drums are punchy, bass is in the background where it should be left. I've no complaints, there's not one weak song, perhaps One is a little catchy and grows tiresome after a while, but its a necessary break on an album like this. Too many bands these days expect you to sit down and listen to full on fast and heavy music without a break in speed. Metallica knew how to balance their albums out. I think its their most progressive album, it takes the longest to appreciate, but every time you listen to it you enjoy it more. But like all other Metallica albums, the road is more enjoyable than the destination.