Andomeda II=I

Alientheater

Dec 16, 2002
AZ
Visit site
Well i'm the fourth track of this disc and I must say it fucking kills. The Vocals have a hint of Vintersorg at first listen.I really dig the drums so far especially the hi-hat work as well as everything else for that matter.The dynamics are extraordinary form clean to heavy and back again.

Im so glad my guitar player writes for a mag so I can hear all this shit well before it comes out.LOL. Street Date:March 11,2003 check it out when it comes out.

As Demonspell once said... the new Andromeda will frighten and confuse many. But I think it's quite visionary. One of the most unique and PROGRESSIVE albums I have ever heard. I love the new vocalist, David Fremburg. Powerful and diverse vocals, almost a cross between Daniel Gildenlow and Erik Rosvald.

I have the Nippon edition of that disc and I love it! Got me to order the first disc again. This time with David Fremberg on vocals and what do you know? It's great! Andromeda had risen to be one of my favorite prog-metal bands :headbang:

2003 is going to rock! Kamelot, Gordian Knot, Masterplan, Power Of Omens, Nevermore, Children Of Bodom, The Haunted and what else we don't know yet :)

This may be a stupid question, but how did the Andromeda album get voted on the top 20 of 2002 list if it doesn't come out until 2003?

Andromeda is one of the bands I haven't really checked out yet. I've heard one song from their first album, and listened to the clips from the new album on their website. They sound pretty cool so far...not sure I'm sold on the new singer though...sometimes he sounds ok and other times not so good.

Morphing Into Nothing is the greatest instrumental the universe will ever know. I am a total sucker for crazy prog instrumentals like that.

I have had a chance to listen to the entire album several times and I am voting it my favorite release of 2003 because I doubt anything will top it. I am greatly anticipating Opeths Damnation however.

Originally posted by TrevJ
Morphing Into Nothing is the greatest instrumental the universe will ever know. I am a total sucker for crazy prog instrumentals like that.

Yes, that instrumental is simply absurd. My brain exploded the first time I heard it.

Originally posted by ProgMetalFan
One of the most unique and PROGRESSIVE albums I have ever heard.

That's true! I really like this band. They have this very powerful guitar sound, more like death metal bands (did You know that Andromeda's guitarst played in death metal band called Non Exist?)
Vocals are excellent on this one, and I personally really like the lyrics.
II=I is a bit weird album, I've never heard something like that, awesome :)

Originally posted by Hawk
2003 is going to rock! Kamelot, Gordian Knot, Masterplan, Power Of Omens, Nevermore, Children Of Bodom, The Haunted and what else we don't know yet :)

I agree, new HELLOWEEN and new LABYRINTH also should be out in 2003.

I can't find the new Andromeda anywhere. Can someone tell me where I can order a copy, pleeze??
My record store man can't even get it. Thanks. This is a great band.

Originally posted by Demonspell
It's only available in Japan for now...US and European release date is 3/11/03, same as the new Evergrey...a great day for prog!

Yes... that will be the greatest day of my life.