Anthrax add 2nd show on Sunday May 1st - Chicago

Dredd74

Aug 23, 2003
Illinois
Visit site
I was just on the House Of Blues website and it said that due to overwhelming demand that Anthrax added a second show on Sunday May 1st at House Of Blues - Chicago. Tickets are onsale for that show now too.

td you suck! when an 80's thrash band gets it together you should apreciate it or you are a poser! anthrax rules no matter what happens, and besides they we faster and harder back then, so fuck off pussy lips, or get in the pit and thrash!!!!!!!1

metalugene said:
td you suck! when an 80's thrash band gets it together you should apreciate it or you are a poser! anthrax rules no matter what happens, and besides they we faster and harder back then, so fuck off pussy lips, or get in the pit and thrash!!!!!!!1

They were much heavier and faster back then. This is the best Anthrax Line up they ever had. This is what 90 percent of the Anthrax Fan base from day one wants to see and its awesome they are doing this. You only live once and to never see Anthrax again without this line up would have been a shame. I only wish they were going to do a US tour, I am thinking about getting a plane ticket to Chicago for the second show

On the other hand, they would never sell out House Of Blues (or any other club for that matter) twice with John, which is just plain sad.

Anthrax_Mosher said:
I find it odd that when this whole reunion discussion came up, everyone was pissed except me. NOW that the shows are booked, everyone's going. :Smug:

don't say everyone mosher, I have been by anthrax with whomever was in lineup since 1988. I have been waiting for this lineup especially to see in such a wild environment as Chicago.:Spin:

Good to know, thanx Buddy. So that´s cool. If it´s already sold out, do it with Bush. Bring Joey and Danny along for a few songs. Don´t be afraid, the old schoolers won´t be throwing plastic cans on you. They will be convinced who´s really better.

They sold the HOB out 2 nights in a row with Motorhead. Don't forget that.
The real Anthrax is the best. By the way Anthrax was opening for
Motorhed with Bush boy, now Motorhead can open for them.

Thats a great idea Johnnie!! have John & joe & dan. Mix up all the songs have joey sing a few then let john sing a few encores both singers!! Great tour Idea I hope it can work out this time,BUT ANYWAY COME TO N.Y ANTHRAX!!!! :headbang: :hotjump:

I'm glad to hear about the recent success myself. I'd always prefer to hear the Bush era, but it's been a long time since I seen Belladonna. Will be nostalgic.

With the news of them playing in Dublin, I'm really looking forward to seeing them live again. I've always had Thrax as my favourite band, through all the lineup changes, but the one I found hardest to take was the loss of Dan Spitz. He always was my favourite guitarist. Lately he seems like an ass, but if he's out on the tour with them, I'll be down the front to see him shred again. The last time I saw the old lineup play was on the SOE tour, and all three gigs in Ireland were cut short because of the crowd spitting at the band. I was at all three and was seriously pissed about the shows being cut short, but that didn't stop Thrax from being my favourite band. Sure the most recent album was the dogs bollox, and TGOTE wasn't far short of WCFYA, but to see them tour again with Spitz and Belladonna would be one hell of a nostalgia trip for me. After that, I look forward to seeing them welcome Bush back into the band, and hopefully a new album in the not too distant future.

Ulster Mosher said:
With the news of them playing in Dublin, I'm really looking forward to seeing them live again. I've always had Thrax as my favourite band, through all the lineup changes, but the one I found hardest to take was the loss of Dan Spitz. He always was my favourite guitarist. Lately he seems like an ass, but if he's out on the tour with them, I'll be down the front to see him shred again. The last time I saw the old lineup play was on the SOE tour, and all three gigs in Ireland were cut short because of the crowd spitting at the band. I was at all three and was seriously pissed about the shows being cut short, but that didn't stop Thrax from being my favourite band. Sure the most recent album was the dogs bollox, and TGOTE wasn't far short of WCFYA, but to see them tour again with Spitz and Belladonna would be one hell of a nostalgia trip for me. After that, I look forward to seeing them welcome Bush back into the band, and hopefully a new album in the not too distant future.

This guy is right! I hope what you said will be true!! Reunion tour for the nostalgic and go back in studio with Bush! That would be cool! And everybody would be happy, Bush fans and Belladonna fans!

I just got my tickets for the second show, I wasn't able to buy any for the first show, so it must have sold out!