Antidepressant may result in increased risk of suicide

Captain Beard

No longer active
Sep 6, 2001
Antidepressant may result in increased risk of suicide

NEW YORK, June 19 - The Food and Drug Administration on Thursday warned that patients under age 18 should not take GlaxoSmithKline’s antidepressant Paxil because of a possible increased risk of suicidal impulses associated with the drug.
----

That's like Claritin causing runny nose and allergies.

An antidepressant that depresses, what the hell...

"Tylenol may cause headaches."

Suicide isn't necessarily caused by depression. Who knows, the drugs can just release a person's anger and make them more energetic, thus attempting/committing suicide.

no. it makes one leave the idea of suicide behind. it helps reach another level of reality, and awareness, which is different from feeling suicidal. not that specific drug. and not that I'm under 18. :loco:

doctors are looking for more and more reasons to pump people up with drugs nowdays. I saw a commercial that said you may be depressed if you have one or more symptoms for just 2 weeks. Really thats pushing it extremely. you could just be going through a less than perfect portion of your life, that dosent nessecarily mean you have a chemical imbalance.

On one hand, It seems it would be a rather inexact science determining the variable results anti-depressants would have regarding suicide. After all, they're given to chronically depressed people!!

On the other hand, I've known people who've been put on anti-depressants, and, quite consistantly, they become very strange. Most of them just become even more withdrawn, but a friend of mine in high school was put on Prozac after an attempted suicide. Within a couple months, he got himself sent to reform school for pulling a knife on another friend of mine. Before the Prozac, they were best friends...

Well actually, there was a documentuary here in Sweden regarding anti-depressant. They are known to have the opposite effect the first weeks in some ppl, you can get VERY depressed. There have been some suicides due to that and the fact that the doctor didn't inform them about it.

They, like alot of chems, soemtimes need a time to adjust to the body to have effect.

Suicide = A vacant apartment or house
Its all good
Kids gotta keep that self-hate up these days
weed out the weak every week.

Give'm a blade or rope,and they will take awhile(our is it a mile)

Troyanasy said:
Suicide = A vacant apartment or house
Its all good
Kids gotta keep that self-hate up these days
weed out the weak every week.

Give'm a blade or rope,and they will take awhile(our is it a mile)

Hm. Considering the fact that all humans are weak so that would take a long time. But then again, we're doing good with all the wars, murderers etc.