any fans of jazz-fusion music?

Guthrie Govan and the Fellowship certainly deserve a mention. There are plenty of bootleg recordings and videos in circulation. At one point (maybe even still) Tone Merchants had a dvd or two for sale of them. It's debateable as to whether or not all Guthrie's solo stuff falls into the fusion realm (what's NOT debateable is that he is amazing!)

There's a Japanese jazz/fusion band called Fragile that's really good.

hell yea!

check out w.i.n.s if you like fragile

they kick ASSSSSS

and guthrie definitely deserves a mention, the track fives made it on the first alchemists cd, which is saying alot since that cd kicks ass.

guthrie is great, but needs to release some more material for sure!

and guthrie definitely deserves a mention, the track fives made it on the first alchemists cd, which is saying alot since that cd kicks ass.

guthrie is great, but needs to release some more material for sure!

Agreed that he needs to put more out. He's a busy guy though so I remain patient. Erotic Cakes is one of my favorite disks of all time. He does have enough material floating around to keep the curious listener busy for a little while. I might be missing a few, but there's:

CD's-

-Erotic Cakes- Solo Album
-Windows to the Soul- GPS (lighter prog rock stuff with John Payne and Jay Schellen)
-The Young Punx's debut album- don't know the name of it, but they're a techno-pop band
-Silent Nation- Asia
-Aura- Asia
-a few bootlegs of the fellowship that are floating around

DVD's-

-Live at Tone Merchants Jan 19, 2005
-Cornford Clinic January 24
-The Fellowship Live At the Bassment April 29, 2004

Agreed that he needs to put more out. He's a busy guy though so I remain patient. Erotic Cakes is one of my favorite disks of all time. He does have enough material floating around to keep the curious listener busy for a little while. I might be missing a few, but there's:

CD's-

-Erotic Cakes- Solo Album
-Windows to the Soul- GPS (lighter prog rock stuff with John Payne and Jay Schellen)
-The Young Punx's debut album- don't know the name of it, but they're a techno-pop band
-Silent Nation- Asia
-Aura- Asia
-a few bootlegs of the fellowship that are floating around

DVD's-

-Live at Tone Merchants Jan 19, 2005
-Cornford Clinic January 24
-The Fellowship Live At the Bassment April 29, 2004

Guthrie is badass, he does excellent columns for Guitar Techniques
magazine, if you are a guitarist or just interested in the mechanics
of how great music is made, I highly recommend you check it out:

http://www.guitar-techniques.com/

guthrie has some guitar books or something out. i think its called like cutting edge techniques or maybe advanced techniques, probably the best guitar books around i think. he actually gives you some GOOD tracks to jam over, and also the first one of the series of 2, you dont have to be any good to use it. it goes through all the basic stuff that pretty much anyone with half a brain can grasp.

yep, great books. They are Creative guitar 1:cutting edge techniques and Creative Guitar 2: Advanced Techniques. I bought both and haven't gotten much of any use from the first one as it was all stuff that I had well under my belt, but book 2 is fantastic.