Any Old Bands?

Sevlar

Brazillian Fan
Sep 15, 2002
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
Hi there,

Anybody knows (or the band can tell us) if the members of the band had any other band before enchant, and if there´s the possibility to buy any released album or download a mp3 file from them?

BTW: Blink of an Eye is a must! Ted vocals and melodies continues to surprise me. The rest of the band, dont need any comment, outstanding.

Sevlar, good post and questions.

This one will take a while :)

I think we had better give our seperate backgrounds here :)

It is extensive!

Hello!

Well as far as my past musical adventures, I guess the first proper band I was in was Chaos Theory, which is now Dali's Dilemma. I had a great time in that band with Matt Guillory on keys and Steve and Pat Reyes on bass and guitar respectively. Amazing players and great guys. However, I needed a change and joined the bay area rock band Truth About Seafood, replacing Paul Bostaph (who had joined Slayer). I stayed with the band for almost 4 years, and released 3 EPs and 1 full length album. We moved to LA and ended up splitting up a couple months later. I am still great friends with Jeff Minnery and Brad Daane from Truth About Seafood, and there might be additional material w will work on in the future. The last band I was in before Enchant was called Teraplane. I was in that band for about 1 1/2 years while in LA. We were more of a classic rock/grunge rock band. Had a great time, but with the offer to move back to the Bay and join Enchant... I made the final decision to leave that band. They have since gotten signed to Maverick and they should be recording within the year. They are really great and I hope they are successful with their new album! ... Well thats it so far!!! The future is very propmising with Enchant, as we had such a blast recording Blink, and the new material we are working on sounds great. Also, I am great friends with Troy and Jasun Tipton from Zero Hour, and we have been talking about doing a project together, time permitting. Thanks for all the kind words and interest....

Sean:D

Originally posted by Sean
Well as far as my past musical adventures, I guess the first proper band I was in was Chaos Theory, which is now Dali's Dilemma.

HOLY #*$(, Batman!

I really did not know this. It's been so long, I guess at one point I probably did because I think you're the one I got a copy of the CT demo tape from. :D Maybe it was Matt, but I could've sworn it was "the drummer." hehehe.

Damn, what a small world we live in. :) That's just too cool. :D

Originally posted by Sean
Hello!

Well as far as my past musical adventures, I guess the first proper band I was in was Chaos Theory, which is now Dali's Dilemma...I However, I needed a change and joined the bay area rock band Truth About Seafood, replacing Paul Bostaph (who had joined Slayer). I stayed with the band for almost 4 years, and released 3 EPs and 1 full length album....

Hey Sean, good to talk to ya!
I do really enjoy Dali's Dilema, hope they can release a second album anytime. They all are great musicians!

About Truth About Seafood band, what kind of music did you play?
And about the EPs and the album? How can I buy or get one? Can you help me having them?

Tks for answering!

Truth About Seafood was more of a pop/rock band. Not really progressive at all. I would say that we were a mix of STP, Jellyfish, XTC, at least that is what was influencing us at the time. We released the albums on our own and some might still be available on line at amazon.com. If you can't find 'em, let me known, and we could work something out. There are 2 EPs and a full length album call Common Distractions.

Thanks for your interest!!

Sean:D

Hi Sean,

I found it in Amazon, and ordered it as well.
Maybe in 2 weeks I will have it in hands! (takes so much time to arrive in Brazil ;((( )

There are good reviews on the site!

And the others? Ted, Doug, Ed..???

Sevlar

Like Sean says thanks for the interest and asking about this.

My list is pretty extensive as far as who I have worked with but no real quality recordings or mp3's from any of the projects.

Actually the first band I was ever in was formed with Doug in High School and we have recording a few things in the 80's?

Doug and myself worked with an amazing guitarist, Steve Oliver of new age and contempory jazz fame? even recording a few songs if I am not mistaken, Doug wasn,t that at in SF with Maui ? At that place Satriani did his first two? Wait there may be a tape of that around some where :lol: :lol:

We had a three piece heavy instrumental band for a while after that before Doug joined Mae Dae. Actually Doug and I had many bands :spin in earlier years. Lots of interesting names :)

I have also worked with David Victor from Velocity, my first bass gig:confused: and a handful of other bands that never really got to the point of recording anything all that great. Enchant has pretty much been my thing outside of my breif Hiatus :rolleyes:

I have worked with a lot of great players but no other bands of real note.

Thanks

Originally posted by ebass
...Actually the first band I was ever in was formed with Doug in High School and we have recording a few things in the 80's?

Doug and myself worked with an amazing guitarist, Steve Oliver of new age and contempory jazz fame? even recording a few songs if I am not mistaken, Doug wasn,t that at in SF with Maui ? At that place Satriani did his first two? Wait there may be a tape of that around some where :lol: :lol:

We had a three piece heavy instrumental band for a while after that before Doug joined Mae Dae. Actually Doug and I had many bands :spin in earlier years. Lots of interesting names :)

Hi Ed,

Come on guy, I bet you have good recordings with you and Doug, just let us hear something from your past!!!!:D

I really would like to hear something of yours and from the other of the band, because I do like and enjoy the way you play and compose.

Please make a lot of Enchant fans happy!!:worship:

I´ve also ordered Sean´s old band album, and I expect to listen to it asap!!! ;)