Anyone here from the Iron Maiden BB?

Virus

Proud IMG Guitarist
Apr 17, 2001
Sheffield, England
Has anyone been here to take a look after seeing my post on the Iron Maiden BB? I know it looks dead right now (Ok, it is dead right now!) but with a few people we can get this rolling again I'm sure!

Maiden bb'er 2000 - 06 :D

It really annoys me Skunk and the mods screwed up the bb and then blamed it on the "trolls". That place was so great in 2000 without the mod thread closing and banning. All that place had to offer after they were through with it was noobs going "omg janick iss tha bust roxxor evar llololololo!!1"

Hi Strangeworld & Snuff! Welcome!

What instrument do you play Strangeworld? I'll try and dig up some MP3's of the stuff we've already done so you can get an idea... You got any requests?

John Silver the Second said:
Maiden bb'er 2000 - 06 :D

It really annoys me Skunk and the mods screwed up the bb and then blamed it on the "trolls". That place was so great in 2000 without the mod thread closing and banning. All that place had to offer after they were through with it was noobs going "omg janick iss tha bust roxxor evar llololololo!!1"

You stayed all the way through then JS? I remember the random threads that used to pop up about cheese? Was it cheese?

Sorry for the late reply Strangeworld, been offline...

Anything Maiden will do! Lol! :headbang:

How long have you played Bass? It doesn't matter, just being nosey! :p

well i sort of started probably 4 years ago.. but i wasnt really bothered about it then lol.. umm playin properly probably 1 1/2 - 2 years.. since i joined a band basically.. it gave me the incentive to put me arse into gear and start learning properly lol.. never had a lesson tho, completely self taught..

heres a link to a couple of the bands tracks that were recorded recently.. forgive the not great sound quality as these are just rough mixes..

http://deadline.dmusic.com/

Matt

Strangeworld said:
well i sort of started probably 4 years ago.. but i wasnt really bothered about it then lol.. umm playin properly probably 1 1/2 - 2 years.. since i joined a band basically.. it gave me the incentive to put me arse into gear and start learning properly lol.. never had a lesson tho, completely self taught..

heres a link to a couple of the bands tracks that were recorded recently.. forgive the not great sound quality as these are just rough mixes..

http://deadline.dmusic.com/

Matt

Cool, I'll check the website out! :D Steve Harris was self taught wasn't he? Excellent! :headbang: Do you play live much in your band?

yeah i think he was self taught..

we played a couple of gigs when we had the old band lineup.. but this current band has only been together a couple of months and we dont have a singer yet.. so no live gigs yet lol..

Matt

Hi mate,

Only got net access at work and it blocks the website you listed! :(

You could do an instrumental set! :loco: :kickass: Do you play covers or originals as well?

Constantine said:
Hello Virus
Hope all is well with you. I wish we were still recording.:headbang:
take care
Constantine

Hi Constantine, things are good for me thanks! How are you mate? We will have to try and kick start things round here again :headbang:

Virus said:
You stayed all the way through then JS? I remember the random threads that used to pop up about cheese? Was it cheese?

No way... when Strangeworld left and Skunk took over in 2003, I left with most of the old bb'ers. Ofcourse I made appearances under many other nicks :heh: though.

There might have been something about cheese I dunno... I remember CW's waffle thread.

John Silver the Second said:
No way... when Strangeworld left and Skunk took over in 2003, I left with most of the old bb'ers. Ofcourse I made appearances under many other nicks :heh: though.

There might have been something about cheese I dunno... I remember CW's waffle thread.

I can't remember the waffle thread... Waffle as in food or word waffle?

Constantine said:
Hi Paul
Just checked out your bands site. :worship: :worship: :worship:
Looks like your having the time of your life.
I love your bass players Lake Placid Blue Fender bass. Great sound

Scream for me:headbang:
Constantine

Yeah, excellent site mate and it sounds awesome! :headbang: