are album covers crap now??

nother good 'un
c70584142x7.jpg

jij_heb.jpg

'you have cheated on me'

i don't want to take the piss with this thread, but i've a zillion of these records at home, and i can't else than like them.

i've been to this exhibition of mckean and i do like his work, but much more if it's like in the real life size... these cd booklets are just too tiny... heh i agree with that 80ies chap :) though it doesn't mean there aren't good designs anymore these days... (i'm thinking of some still)

Strangelight said:
hahah £68.66
erm, hello? honestly, i mean £68.66??? it's not that this album will never be released! it's less than a month to go and people bid for a fucken promo like 70 pounds! Hilarious :erk:

Morpheus said:
erm, hello? honestly, i mean £68.66??? it's not that this album will never be released! it's less than a month to go and people bid for a fucken promo like 70 pounds! Hilarious :erk:
pathetic i'd say, darn people have really money to waste, crazyo_O

Morpheus said:
Actually i didn't want to win this :erk: but Miranda made a mistake in her bid and she retracted it.:hotjump: I was having some fun bidding thinking well, someone's gonna bid higher, but then she retracted her bid, so I hope it doesn't cost me too much :ill:

are we just talking album front sleeves, or booklets too like?
cos i fancy all Travis stuff too. damn the guy can do the art properly. and Tonight's Decision's photography is dark too. dark=i like.
Quentin's DST cover reminded me of that.

mehdi.i.e.e.e said:
its a bit always the same tho. that pic could have fit on any katatonia booklet like.
Mmmh, I don't agree... It's the Travis Smith "touch", but he did so many different things... From Opeth to Overkill, from Nvermore to Strapping Young Lad, from Devin Townsend to Anathema!

Check his website, I'm sure most of his work seems familiar to you! :)

Thortyir said:
I really like this one:

deadsoultribe2003-2.jpg
I love it to, I just bought the albul two weeks ago just because of the artwork! Didn't know the band before.
I have just listen to it once, seems to have neo-metal tunes in it. I Have to dig it.