Are modern emo/metalcore bands the new glam metal?

Was emo like the new glam?

• Yes.

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • No.

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • At this point, it's hard to tell.

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

Phantasm (Band)

New Metal Member
Aug 11, 2016
Santa Clarita, California
soundcloud.com
Before you give me shit for comparing emo/metalcore to glam, remember that I have a thrash mentality. This means I see glam as the posers and thrash as the kings. No disrespect to anyone that likes that kind of music, I just hate the music itself.
You see, I've been seeing similarities to both genres lately that I can't ignore. One of these examples is the fact that the music itself gathers mostly younger fans that often grow out of the music once they themselves "grow up". Another similarity is the way some of these bands dress. Bands like Black Veil Brides dress very close to the way that Motley Crue dressed in the 80's. My last example is how these bands seem to be fads. Bring Me The Horizon used to be a deathcore band until they jumped on the metalcore bandwagon. It seems like other bands do this too and often fail once their fans grow up. Hence, these bands are like fads.
This is just some food for thought. Maybe I'm just an ignorant asshole who can't see the "genius" in metalcore. But I don't think thats the case. What do yall think?

Whatever no-depth trendy stuff bubbles to the top rarely matters in the grand scheme. I guarantee the niche genres will have more longevity and generate more influence over time. Don't concern yourself with it and keep your head down and focus on what you like. :cool:

Reactions: Phantasm (Band)
I saw a concert with my dad that had some random melocore band opening, and my dad (someone with no experience with that kind of music) said "Hey, they have an interesting sound, sort of like a really fast and screamy Ratt".

are you talking about mid west 1990s emo, emotive post hardcore, or skramz?
or are you just talking about like black veil brides and shit which isnt emo

It's awesome, but it's created to attract women and is image > substance.

Didn't we agree that it was homoerotic? Not sure if the emo look is homoerotic, or intended to attract women. It's more like an attempt at gender ambiguity. Wait...

maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: Satanstoenail
it isnt in the slightest if youre talking about the actual emo genre
hate to be stingy about names but its just incorrect, the majority of people make the same mistake though

View attachment 6378
Wow! Great information to know. Thank you for sharing. I learned a lot reading this, but I still think BVB has an emo look. It's kind of funny seeing the "emo" crowd wanting nothing to do with them :tickled:

Reactions: EchoForever
but on the subject of what you posted phantasm, yeah i can kinda see what you mean but i dont think that music is relevant enough to compare the two accurately
even if this convo was started years back i wouldnt agree fully, glam metal is still metal
this shit isnt metal in anyway
enhanced-29588-1420137932-1.jpg
theyre just a bunch of kids that searched a few bands on youtube and think theyre cool because their music isnt the "norm" or whatever

Reactions: Phantasm (Band)