Arghoslent - best of 2004?

AjDeath said:
I do listen to Opeth, but I hate Dream Theater. The first riff on Nubian sounds like a tea party. You may like it, I do not. Frankly I couldn't care less.I would rather listen to Millenium or Focus or anything else. Pungent Stench's latest blows this song(Nubian Archer) away, and I am not the biggest Stench fan. Whatever, you listen to what you listen to, I will do likewise. I will buy Incorrigable Bigotry if I can find it. Maybe my opoinion will change.
Kudos to you for being openminded and receptive. If I came-off as overly confrontational earlier, you have my apologies.

Ockham said:
I think it has less to do with the production and more to do with it being a poorly done vinyl rip I got off some random guy on soulseek.

There's a better "scene" rip of the split out there, though I don't know where you'd get it.

Ah OK.

I assume you haven't heard Incorrigible Bigotry Aj?

I agree the songs weren't as good as they were hyped to be.

Mob of the Howling's intro was pretty cool. The Nubian Archer sounded like it had potential (maybe I need a few more listens) but the file quality/ production, whatever it may be, really detracts from the song.

I disagree with Arghoslent being overrated though.

I enjoy Arghoslent. The only song I've disliked from them is "Purging The Fires Of War", because that long, long, long drawn out melodic section where nothing happens (starts around 1:20) bugs the hell out of me. I'll check out this new song soon...

Yes, what i first notice of the song is that it's quality, but when i listened hard, the song amazed me. That's my opinion though, everybody has their own opinion of the song, and that's good. But i'm still waiting for my ordered Incorrigible Bigotry, damn it takes so long...

Jean-Pierre said:
I enjoy Arghoslent. The only song I've disliked from them is "Purging The Fires Of War", because that long, long, long drawn out melodic section where nothing happens (starts around 1:20) bugs the hell out of me. I'll check out this new song soon...

*The Purging Fires Of War

That song is fucking epic.

This sounds kinda weak compared to Incorrogable Bigotry, and not because of the production. That main riff that gets repeated WAY too often sounds very derivative of another melodeath band that I can't put my finger on. Not too special, this song.

Incorrigible Bigotry is my favourite. But why has no-one mentioned Galloping Through teh Battle Ruins? It pwns Arsenal of Glory in my most humblest of deluded opinions.