Armored Saint Covering Anthrax?

TGOTE is nice as a "Best Of", but I can´t help trying to ignore John, furthermore some of the songs are played too slow. The whole thing would have been much cooler if they had taken one or two songs from every album up to WCFYA and created really new versions instead of making just minor changes.

GregadetH said:
Like L7 once said, "You've made my shitlist.":D
Hey Greg - what's up? I love that L7 tune.

Serioulsy - I like the way Dave sings a few tunes and think if he had someone to sing the bulk of his stuff it would be even better. Or maybe his voice was just off on the Max Rock Tour?

DD, the couple of times I've heard Mustaine in person and on the live recordings I've heard his voice isn't bad at all. He's not a great singer but when I first heard his recordings I thought his voice would suck live. It doesn't...at least not the times I've heard, anyway.

DarbysDad said:
Hey Greg - what's up? I love that L7 tune.

Serioulsy - I like the way Dave sings a few tunes and think if he had someone to sing the bulk of his stuff it would be even better. Or maybe his voice was just off on the Max Rock Tour?

Gotta love them L7 bitches!

Mustaines voice has actually improved over the last 15 years or so. As opposed to Hetfield devolving into Richard Cheese over his last 15 years.

"Oooooh yeah, baby!"

Really, WTF?

ledthrax said:
I have listened to GOTE quite a lot and think that it is a great album. Bush doing Deathrider is just awesome.
I've listened to it way more than I did WCFYA and MOMD, although not as much as other BushThrax releases. Every track is rawer, heavier, and has better vocals than the original versions (IMO of course), but I especially like Deathrider, Metal Thrashing Mad, Madhouse, and Panic. I previously never liked I am the Law, Belly of the Beast, and Keep it in the Family; I thought all of the originals were poorly written songs, but I actually like the new versions, so maybe it was just the vocals...just wish they'd kept Intro to Reality leading into Belly.

GregadetH said:
Mustaines voice has actually improved over the last 15 years or so.

I agree, his voice nearly destroyed Peace Sells.... for me - which is an undoubted thrash classic for its music - but he did a good job on Rust In Peace and Countdown To Extinction.

I fucking LOVE Greater Of Two Evils!!!! The tracks sound fucking great, and John singing Deathrider is the shit!!! :headbang: I actually listen to that cd and Vol. 8 more than any of my other Anthrax stuff.

coop said:
DD, the couple of times I've heard Mustaine in person and on the live recordings I've heard his voice isn't bad at all. He's not a great singer but when I first heard his recordings I thought his voice would suck live. It doesn't...at least not the times I've heard, anyway.
coop - dude you're alive

Schurl said:
I agree, his voice nearly destroyed Peace Sells.... for me - which is an undoubted thrash classic for its music - but he did a good job on Rust In Peace and Countdown To Extinction.
I like Peace Sells, These Boots, Liar, Hello Me(never remember the title), and some others.

DarbysDad said:
coop - dude you're alive

Yeah, I still check in every now and again. This place really went to shit for a while but things seem to be calming down a bit. Doubt I'll be a regular like in the past, though.

Are you going to see COC at the Galaxy next week? I'd love to go but my budget is extremely tight the next few months. I'm going to see your favorite singer (lol) on Gigantour next month. I'll give you a report after the show.

cool definitately post a MegaDeth review and skip over the Dream Theatre part.

Not going to COC but that would be cool. They were good when I saw them with Motorhead.

Will do. Also, The Atomic Punks are at the OC Fair on July 12. Awesome VH cover band. Definitely check them out if you get a chance. It's a free show with fair admission.

tattooedsean666 said:
I was one that always wanted to have a cd with john singing the older stuff but I admit, I really haven't pulled that cd out very often. that is all I will say.

even worse here, don't think I ever listened to it from start to finish. I love Trax, but I don't listen to them very often

DarbysDad said:
I think I hate everyone on this board because I like both singers. :D

could be worse Dave Mustaine, King Diamond or Clay Aiken could be singing the songs :yuk: :puke:

Just love this fucking thread.

don´t you dare dis THE KING! A spell shall be cast upon thee! Blasphemer!!!!!:headbang:

I really dig Greater of 2 Evils, as I've posted in a previous thread about this very topic...this forum sure gets repetitive. A SEARCH FUNCTION would help. Anyway, Greater rocks, I love the production, but it was mastered WAY TOO FUCKING LOUD. It is terribly compressed. This is a fucking trend that must be stopped. I'm glad COC put a lot of effort into their record to AVOID this. Almost sounds as bad as fucking FM radio.