Ask BH!

Hmm, again impossible to say just one, but Layne Staley is one of my favourite vocalists of all time. I also like Liam Howlett and Slash. Difficult to say.

That's cool, and I agree. Alice in Chains has been a favorite of mine for a long time. I was glad when their new album didn't suck. What did you think of it? If you have heard it, anyway, since it (obviously) doesn't have Layne.

That's cool, and I agree. Alice in Chains has been a favorite of mine for a long time. I was glad when their new album didn't suck. What did you think of it? If you have heard it, anyway, since it (obviously) doesn't have Layne.

Yes, AIC is awesome. Still I haven't listened their new album. It's just hard to imagine them without Staley.

I felt the same way at first, but since Jerry Cantrell wrote most of the music and even did some vocals himself, it turned out consistent with their older material. Their new vocalist isn't as good as Layne, but he is able to harmonize well with Jerry, which is very important considering how often they utilize vocal harmonies in their songs. But it still is hard to think of them without Layne.

EDIT: Here's one of their new songs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I felt the same way at first, but since Jerry Cantrell wrote most of the music and even did some vocals himself, it turned out consistent with their older material. Their new vocalist isn't as good as Layne, but he is able to harmonize well with Jerry, which is very important considering how often they utilize vocal harmonies in their songs. But it still is hard to think of them without Layne.

EDIT: Here's one of their new songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNztxGQwRlU

Shit, I gotta listen that album.

Dear Mr. Black Metal,

What is your real name?

Markus.

43231_1150267666508_vw.jpg

Well, excuse me if I failed of bringing some damn smileys into this otherwise dark and boring thread that starts to be as nice as a meeting with Hitler after the 20 July plot.

Markus, since i assume your putting your name out there gives us right to use it, have you heard of and/or do you like the band wolf?

OHHH and is it just me or does Varg of burzum, now look too old and happy to be grim and necro enough to make black metal? (HAH obviously a joking matter, but i had to do it)

OHHH and is it just me or does Varg of burzum, now look too old and happy to be grim and necro enough to make black metal? (HAH obviously a joking matter, but i had to do it)

BM doesn't look age. State of mind matters, of course. So yeah, I believe he is still capable of doing some BM. Referring Varg: "It will be metal, and the fans can expect to hear some real BURZUM."

So he is doing (done?) new album.

Two homework questions (they are due in four days, dang) that's bugging me :

1. Let F be a commuting family of diagonalizable normal operators on a finite dimensional inner product space V and A0, the self-adjoint algebra generated by F. Let A be the self-adjoint algebra generated by F and the identity operator I. Show that there is at most one root T of A such that r(T) = 0 for all T in A0. (From Hoffman and Kunze, if that help). I tried the normal operator and spectral theory, but I'm a little rusty on my linear algrabra so...

2. By considering the work done to alter adiabatically the length "l" of a plane pendulum, prove by elementary means the adiabatic invariance of "J" for the plane pendulum in the limit of vanishing amplitude. (Goldstein, if that help). Off course I can do it with a PDE, but with elementary means, I have no clue.