Australian Opeth fans Unite!!

Originally posted by TravestyOfMan

Gippsland in Victoria.

Where in Gippsland are you from? I was raised in Maffra but now I live in Melbourne with 'brightoffski' (the dude with the frog thing as his picture). In fact, I'd rather live back there than in the city- the oppressive nature of the city is spiritually dry....

Fortunately I'm 21 so it wouldn't bother me if they play in a pub. It would suck for you under age people though. What would be a the alternative? They're hardly popular enough to play Festival Hall (or are they?).

There are certainly a lot of Australians on this forum, isn't there.

Originally posted by brightoffski

and I know I won't be moshing when I see Opeth! ;)

That's because you're soft Toffski... Just kidding ;)

I think I'd be too awestruck for my motor skills to function in order to move let alone mosh.

Yeah, I can't compete with your raging death metal worshipping tendencies requiem, :D
At the (MELBOURNE !) Opeth gig, I will be sure to distance myself from your unpredictable flailing of the limbs to ensure my physical safety... :)

The time is nigh for all us lonely Aussies! No longer will all tours be confined to Europe and the U.S. :headbang:

Melbourne. 20.

Hmm I think the Forum would be a great place for them to play. Yes.
Oh and by the way, I think Opeth would have just a LITTLE bit more of a following in Melbourne than in is Brisbane. :)

I CANT FUCKING WAIT :devil:

Yes, the Forum would be perfect... Festival Hall's only good when its packed full and the sound always sucks.... The age thing doesn't concern me as i'm 18, but i'd definitely prefer all ages so more people can cum :D :lol:

As far as I am aware there have only been two underground metal acts to come to Adelaide in recent years, Nevermore and Planet X. Have there been any others? Did anyone see these shows?