Bands that are loved by many, hated by you

Metallica. I don't really know why almost everyone likes them, they do nothing cool to impress me in any way. They might be good, but it's just my opinion and I don't like them.

Metallica. I don't really know why almost everyone likes them, they do nothing cool to impress me in any way. They might be good, but it's just my opinion and I don't like them.

Same here...the other main acts from that era too...Pantera and Anthrax. I do like a lot of Megadeth...but not everything.

Man, reading through this thread makes me honestly question why some people like metal. I've seen Priest, Mercyful Fate, Sabbath, all kinds of shit mentioned here. I just can't accept this. I am seriously floored that someone could say that they like metal but aren't fans of Priest.

With that thought, I absolutely hate Spiral Architect. Band can't write a song to save their lives. It's total bullshit.

chilli peppers anyone? not metal? but does anyone else just think, jesus, how do they get away with selling this rebranded 70's music?

and does anyone also think john frusciante is a fraud who cant expand his mind out of his pentatonic box, and horrible fuzz wah?
Sorry about my passionate hatred for his playing, but i just hate unoriginality in guitar playing, it pisses me of when i see kids playing Strats with their Vox amps and Boss DS-1's, and unwilling to expand their sound, what a load of bollocks, theres so much more out there than this Froosh bastard

metal bands? i find Priest boring, i dislike Tony martin Sabbath intensly, Not fond of Candlemass either, in fact i thought nightfall was a load of shite personally, CoF too, pretty bollocks, or most "comercial metal bands"

edit: And Bodom, really dislike Laiho for some reason, i find his guitar playing really uninspiring
about the priest thing, i dunno, i fucking love Mercyfull fate and Sabbath, but theres somehting about priest, that i cant get into.

edit 2: i cant believe people are saying Sabbath, what metal musician doesnt like Classics like Supernaut, Behind the wall of sleep, and megalomania? the best material is past Iron Man and Paranoid, theres some fantastic tunes.....dont get me started on Dio Sabbath, that shit is like the holy grail

Go damn! Im glad I dont have all the issues with music so many people conjour up. I guess everyone lives in a tube...... some are just smaller than others.

Errr... I agree about Bodom, but RHCP is pretty good for what they are to me. And Priest and Candlemass are just bastions of classic.

RHCP haven't done anything remotely interesting since "Mother's Milk"
Everything before, and up to that is actually kind of cool....IMO, of course.

With that thought, I absolutely hate Spiral Architect. Band can't write a song to save their lives. It's total bullshit.

The thing about Spiral Architect is it's clear that they're fuctastically talented. But they can't write a song. So yes.

See there it comes back to opinion, cos I think they have great songs, and despite the insanity, and can sense the composition and structure etc. I guess it just depends on how into that sort of music you are...

See there it comes back to opinion, cos I think they have great songs, and despite the insanity, and can sense the composition and structure etc. I guess it just depends on how into that sort of music you are...

I think enjoying music like that also depends on how "dedicated" the listener is to disecting it...it's not for the casual listner. If you're not willing to invest the time, you probably won't get it. My personality doesn't allow the patience for it.:lol:

With me I have different times and probably moods in which I can enjoy any form of good music........ excluding rap and punk or I guess anything with "hardcore" attached to it. I put "hardcore" in quotes because to me bands like SX, DT or fusion are hardcore.... but that using the term more literally rather than as a means of classification. example: when you work hard on something and put alot of effort into it you are considered dedicated or a hardcore fanatic

It's not so much that i hate these bands, i just dislike them, and i don't find them that inspiring, but that doesn't mean i can't listen to them.

Megadeth
Metallica
Nevermore
Dream Theatre

It's not so much that i hate these bands, i just dislike them, and i don't find them that inspiring, but that doesn't mean i can't listen to them.

Megadeth
Metallica
Nevermore
Dream Theatre

You don't find Marty Friedman's performance on Rust In Peace inspiring?...that's a first.

Megadeth
Metallica
Nevermore
Dream Theatre

Agreeing with schenkadere. Friedman is phenomenal.

Metallica may not be inspiring to you, but tell that to the 9 million + bands that exist almost solely in Metallica's wake. Metallica is one of the most inspirational bands of my musical life...it was only when I branched out and looked back did I realize what tripe they had become. But I never would have thought they sucked had I first not loved them.

Nevermore...meh. I got nothing to say.

YEAH...WELL...DREAM THEATER'S NOT INSPIRED BY YOU! :lol:*

*This statement may not speak true of Mike Portnoy

EDIT: And hells yeah, ToastedOveries, good to see some fellow DIO love!

Metallica may not be inspiring to you, but tell that to the 9 million + bands that exist almost solely in Metallica's wake. Metallica is one of the most inspirational bands of my musical life...it was only when I branched out and looked back did I realize what tripe they had become. But I never would have thought they sucked had I first not loved them.

:lol: well said, but I didnt get the Portnoy thing..... :erk:

I'm a huge Dio fan...Rainbow, Sabbath and his own band...love 'em all...the ultimate metal singer!

You don't find Marty Friedman's performance on Rust In Peace inspiring?...that's a first.

I just can't stand his playing, but he seems like a cool guy!

Metallica and Iron Maiden is what got me into metal in the first place, so i see your point, it's just that i can't listen to them now.

:lol: !

I just can't stand his playing, but he seems like a cool guy!

Metallica and Iron Maiden is what got me into metal in the first place, so i see your point, it's just that i can't enjoy listening to them now.

:lol: !

Rust In Peace and Countdown to Extinction are two of the finest metal guitar recordings...period!

His solo stuff...I have to agree...really dull.