Bands that CHANGED YOUR LIFE

umad1m.jpg

Interesting thread!

Metallica - Introduced me into Metal
Revenant (Ita) - Introduced me into Black Metal
Abhor (Ita) - Reintroduced me into Black Metal
Hypocrisy - Introduced me into Death Metal
In Fieri - Introduced me into Doom Metal

Going have to say Arch Enemy, when I heard them It pretty much changed the style of music that I listed to.

No wonder that you got fucked up taste.

Death - Their lyrics are just meaningful
Iron Maiden - I used to listen just to their famous songs such as Fear of the Dark and Aces High, but when I listened to Somewhere in Time I was blown away, never knew that music could be that passionate.
Morbid Angel - they showed me what's Death Metal is all about.
Kreator - Mille's lyrics in Coma of Souls are just awesome, specially the song Poeple of the Lie.
Children of Bodom - Everytime I Die was the first extreme metal song I heard, them along with Opeth got me to extreme and underground metal.

I never liked Children of Bodom, but they have few good songs, and Everytime I Die was my gateway to extreme metal, thats it.

In my opinion Arch Enemy is without a doubt a very talented band who constantly undermines themselves. They've got all the talent and potential in the world to release a killer album but I'm always left disappointed with the end result. Their lyrics are terrible though, full of cliches and awful one liners like "The tables have turned!".

Yeah Amon Amarth is just Melodic Death Metal. Not even close to being Pagan.

I thought about the lyrical content of the songs, that Amon Amarth got me into listening to music which covered subjets such as war, vikings and such, that many pagan metal band's songs are about.

Burzum - Got me into black metal and helped me appreciate lo-fi music.

Nile - Helped usher me into death metal.

HIM - Basically what got me into metal in the first place.

Lacuna Coil
- Same as HIM.

Burzum - Got me into Black Metal
Hate Eternal / Behemoth - Got me into Death Metal
Nadja - Got me into drone
Evoken - Got me into funeral doom
Aerosmith - Got me into music. LOL