Bay Area Rock Fest is Back!! Save the Date!

BARfest

Sep 9, 2003
Visit site
Thanks to all of you who attended BARFEST last year, and to those of you who tried to come, but could not make it. I know things have been very quiet for the past few months, but I wanted to quickly update everyone on what is going on. I will keep my postings here all on this same thread on the ProgPower Board, and if you want more details, come to my forum.

My intent with this is to bring the Bay Area the best of the progressive rock and metal bands by providing a venue for local bands to play in addition to building a national and international fest like I did this year. I have built a good base that I hope to leverage for future events this year. Furthermore, I want to always make sure there is a differentiation both in music and timing between ProgPower, PowerFest, Nightmare Fest etc..

There are a number of things in the works right now-- both in terms of some local shows, and the BIG event to take place the weekend of June 27th and 28th in the Bay Area. One headliner is committed right now, and I am working on nailing down everything else. There are still many directions things can go, but for now, if anybody is planning summer vacations-- come see us out here in the Bay!!

Congratulations to Glenn once again for a killer lineup, and to all of you for continuing to support a great metal scene..

David