BENEDICTUM added to FLIGHT OF THE VALKYRIES 2008!

Who cares what she looks like -
Thank you! I'm glad someone finally said this
this is one girl that can BLAST!!
This is the important part.

I'm sorry, but I have to listen to these kind of bullshit conversations all the time about the bands I like, particularly bands like Angtoria or Benedictum where the singer has an amazing voice but doesn't fit some stupid beauty standard. Veronica has an awesome voice that pairs really well with the heavy anthems, chugging riffs, and sweeping solos provided by Paul Courtois (drums), Jesse Wright (bass) and Pete Wells (guitar). The music is good and that's all that matters to me. I can't deny liking a band that sounds like Dio or Dio era Black Sabbath, but heavier.

And while we are on the subject of Benedictum, who has or has at least heard their new album, Seasons of Tragedy? Has anyone been able to find the hidden Catch the Rainbow track that seems to be listed in the liner notes but does not come up anywhere on the CD (as far as I can tell)? I've listened to the CD several times. The only thing I can figure is that maybe you have to listen to it straight though all the way through without skipping or stopping at any point. Perhaps I'll have to get a full sitting with that CD to test that theory.

Thank you! I'm glad someone finally said this This is the important part.

I'm sorry, but I have to listen to these kind of bullshit conversations all the time about the bands I like, particularly bands like Angtoria or Benedictum where the singer has an amazing voice but doesn't fit some stupid beauty standard. Veronica has an awesome voice that pairs really well with the heavy anthems, chugging riffs, and sweeping solos provided by Paul Courtois (drums), Jesse Wright (bass) and Pete Wells (guitar). The music is good and that's all that matters to me. I can't deny liking a band that sounds like Dio or Dio era Black Sabbath, but heavier.

And while we are on the subject of Benedictum, who has or has at least heard their new album, Seasons of Tragedy? Has anyone been able to find the hidden Catch the Rainbow track that seems to be listed in the liner notes but does not come up anywhere on the CD (as far as I can tell). I've listened to the CD several times. The only thing I can figure is that maybe you have to listen to it straight though all the way through without skipping or stopping at any point. Perhaps I'll have to get a full sitting with that CD to test that theory.

Perhaps its like this one deftones secret track where you had to rewind from the first track and it went into negative time previous to the track and it played the secret track.

Perhaps its like this one deftones secret track where you had to rewind from the first track and it went into negative time previous to the track and it played the secret track.
I tried that thinking it might been at the end of the last track, but the CD player in my car wouldn't let me rewind past the first track. I'll have to test that theory as well on a different player.

Thank you! I'm glad someone finally said this This is the important part.

I'm sorry, but I have to listen to these kind of bullshit conversations all the time about the bands I like, particularly bands like Angtoria or Benedictum where the singer has an amazing voice but doesn't fit some stupid beauty standard.

Oh lighten up! :p If Veronica didn't want us to look, then she wouldn't wear the outfits that she does. With that said, she's talented, metal, and attractive. There's nothing wrong with having the whole package. :headbang:

~Brian~

There's nothing wrong with having the whole package. :headbang:

~Brian~
There's absolutely nothing wrong with her having the whole package. More power to her. :headbang: I just think it's sad that in a discussion of a band/person with such amazing musical/vocal talent that some folks have to resort to diminishing that talent by placing a lot of emphasis on the size of the lead singer's breast, which in my mind has no bearing on how good (or bad, if that's the opinion of some) the band is.

I just think it's sad that in a discussion of a band/person with such amazing musical/vocal talent that some folks have to resort to diminishing that talent by placing a lot of emphasis on the size of the lead singer's breast, which in my mind has no bearing on how good (or bad, if that's the opinion of some) the band is.

Nobody made any breast/body/appearance comments that in any way diminished her talent. Where did you read that?

Furthermore, no one implied that breast size has ANY bearing on how good/bad a band or artist is. Where did you read that?

In my opinion, if anything, she diminishes her own talent by allowing herself to be marketed the way she does. Sex sells. Music is a business. Do the math. You shouldn't criticize someone for pointing out that 2 + 2 is 4.

Kevin

In my opinion, if anything, she diminishes her own talent by allowing herself to be marketed the way she does. Sex sells. Music is a business. Do the math. You shouldn't criticize someone for pointing out that 2 + 2 is 4.

Kevin

So if I get implants, will more people attend my shows?

:lol: :lol:

Point taken though. Luckily Benedictum does not have to carry themselves solely on her looks - they have talent on top of all of it.

Kevin

I agree. There's no doubt that she's using her sex appeal as a marketing tool for the band. With that said, this band doesn't need that, because their talent speaks for itself. I would listen to this band strictly for the Dio factor. Regardless, Nathan has landed a great band for his festival. In all honesty, I think Benedictum should play the showcase in the near future. They would be a very fun band to get everyone warmed up for the ProgPower weekend. :headbang:

~Brian~