Best frequency analysing program

TheIllusionist

Chris Clancy
Dec 6, 2008
UK
www.audioworksproductions.co.uk
After a long day working on music, I just bounced off my track only to notice that it's heavily lacking in low end, and has a mass amount of high mids.

This is due to being tired but also I have 2 Rokit 8's with a 10" Sub. The sub has an independent volume control on it so it's hard to get the balance right.

I'm looking for an analyser to put on the master output (Pro Tools 8) which I can save an average frequency spectrum from another mix. This way I can compare and make sure that I have my balance in check.

I'm in a touring band so i'm away for months at a time, so when I get back, my perception of my gear is kinda off.

Any help would be great. I have the T-Racks 3 software but i'm not keen on the options to bias the analyser.

I'm having like a million FFT analysers and hate them all.
I LOVED elemental audio firium when I tried it (well, actually it's an EQ, even a matching EQ, but I only used the analyser of it).
it's pretty pricey though, so I never bought it....I'd really love to have it just for the analyser though.

BUT be aware that metching frequencies to the freq response of another song will most likely not really help you.

BUT! ... it can be useful for helping match up (ballpark) frequencies for individual elements of another song ... ie - making sure your gats, bass, kick drum etc are at least close to what they are in a nother song

the arrangement of the song itself is gonna be a very large contributing factor as to why it may sound different from another and you need to respond in kind from there

as for your original question ... I thought there was a free Digirack analyzer with PT 8 or something. I don't have one so I can't really be of much more help than that although I'd love to see what others suggest

I'm having like a million FFT analysers and hate them all.
I LOVED elemental audio firium when I tried it (well, actually it's an EQ, even a matching EQ, but I only used the analyser of it).
it's pretty pricey though, so I never bought it....I'd really love to have it just for the analyser though.

BUT be aware that metching frequencies to the freq response of another song will most likely not really help you.

I agree. Matching another song never works. It's more to make sure my perception of lows and highs is on. The end of day bounce I did yesterday sounded good, but when compared to previous mixes I realised I had my sub monitor waaay too loud and consequently mixed the low end very weak.

BUT! ... it can be useful for helping match up (ballpark) frequencies for individual elements of another song ... ie - making sure your gats, bass, kick drum etc are at least close to what they are in a nother song

the arrangement of the song itself is gonna be a very large contributing factor as to why it may sound different from another and you need to respond in kind from there

as for your original question ... I thought there was a free Digirack analyzer with PT 8 or something. I don't have one so I can't really be of much more help than that although I'd love to see what others suggest

There's a phasescope Digirack Plugin, but it's not an analyser. I'll keep looking. There must be something out there lol