Best obscure Metal songs

zinescene

Feb 11, 2002
Michigan
www.myspace.com
What are some of everyones favorite obscure metal songs.
Here some of mine

Piledriver-Metal Inquisition (this song should be every metalheads anthem-If your not a metalhead you might as well be dead....)
Oz-Fire In The Brain
Demon-Don't Break The Circle
Anvil-Forged In Fire
Lee Aaron-Metal Queen
Faithful Breath-Princess In Diguise
Earthshaker-The Wall
Riot-Dont Hold Back

that's just for starters.....

Originally posted by zinescene

Riot-Dont Hold Back

I like Outlaw the best on Fire Down Under, but Don't Hold Back is great too.

How about...
Cities - Burn Forever
Praying Mantis - Captured City
Manilla Road - The Fires of Mars and The Ram
Pentagram - Madman
Cirith Ungol - Join the Legion
Satan - Ice Man
Rage - Sinister Thinking
Warlord - Lost and Lonely Days
Lethal - Another Day and Obscure the Sky

Villain - Kamikaze :headbang:
Anthem - Empty Eyes
Sortilège - Délire d'un fou
Attack - Death Rider
Savage Grace - Bound to be Free
Warlord - Soliloquy

@zinescene : I could agree on Piledriver if it was a real band, but sadly it was only a commercial project :(
how about "Gold n Glory" by Faithful Breath?

Judas Priest - Living Bad Dreams

Not an obscure band obviously but it said obscure songs. And this was never released except now its a bonus track on the Painkiller remaster. One of their best songs ever.

Viking - Hellbound
Cirith Ungol -- Blood and Iron?
Krank -- Rented Heat
Redrum -- Power Corrupts (title track)

There are others (like Artch,The Omen) but I don't remember the tracks off hand.

Has anyone been able to copy old tapes and vinyl to a digital format to rip to a CD? I gotta try this before my deck eats the last of some of these bands.

Originally posted by Diemer
Viking - Hellbound
Cirith Ungol -- Blood and Iron?
Krank -- Rented Heat
Redrum -- Power Corrupts (title track)

Blood and Iron is a cool song...Atom Smasher is great too. Have you heard their last album, Paradise Lost? Hard to find (it hasn't been reissued as far as I know), but it has some great epic songs on it.

I don't know those other bands, I'll have to add them to my list to check out (if I can find any samples anywhere).

Has anyone been able to copy old tapes and vinyl to a digital format to rip to a CD? I gotta try this before my deck eats the last of some of these bands.

That's a very good idea. Not only do you want to be able to enjoy your music after the cassettes expire, but some of that stuff doesn't have much distribution out there. That makes it difficult for people like me who are rediscovering classic metal to find some of these hidden treasures.

If you have a sound card on your computer, you can hook the line out from a phono or tape deck (or stereo/receiver if you have everything running through that) into the line in on the sound card. Then use some sort of audio program to grab the input. That will most likely store it as a WAV file on your computer. Then you'd have to encode it to MP3, which might even be some other program. I could help you if you're using a unix system, but if you're not, this is about as much help as I can give.

B.A.D. is among my favourite tracks on the first (and my fave) W.A.S.P. album :) It rules!

"Those teaaaaaaaars that you cry leave a... blood staaaaaaaain.... they fall to the ground like a sweeeet rain..."

Blackie is the greatest!

I thought of another...

Motley Crue - Rodeo!

Don't know when it was done, sounds like somewhere between Theater Of Pain and Girls Girls Girls but it is GREAT! Obviously wasn't used coz they didn't want another ballad on the album.

Originally posted by Electric Savage
Evil - Son of the Bitch
Legend - Negligence
Jesters Of Destiny - End of Time
Exodus - Ender, Hells Breath, Death Row
Angel Witch - Hades Paradise
MSG - Girl From Uptown

Hell yeah, Jesters of Destiny "Fun at the Funeral" is a good album featuring none other than Sickie Wifebeater!! End of time is great.

other's I would certainly add:

Razor "Evil Invaders"
Saint Vitus "dying inside"
Mentors-"Peepin TOm"
Bloodcum_"son of sam"
Atomic Rooster- "death walks behind you"

Slauter Xstroyes - Masters
Manilla Road - Mark of the Beast
Legend - Torture
Watchtower - The Eldritch
Genocide - Living Legend
Trance - Loser
Lazy - Dreamy Express Trip
Anvil Chorus - Blue Flames
Anvil - Mothra

How do you describe an obscure metal song? I dont know but here are a few cool songs probably not on everyone's top song list.

Satan - Alone in the dock
Tank - Stormtrooper
Sentenced - Bleed in my arms
Chateaux - White Steel
Witchfinder General - Friend's of hell
Anvil - Scenery
Exciter - Blackwitch
Battleaxe - Fortune lady
White Lion - Little fighter

Sortilège - Délire d'un fou

Absolutely amazing song. The vocals on that song are among the best ever recorded in the 80s metal scene. The singer for Sortilege was among the finest singers in metal. The harmonies in particular are insane. Best song Queensryche never recorded.

I'll add a few:
Z-Lot-Z - The Shadow
Lethal - Programmed
Banshee - We Want You
Edguy - Holy Water