Best pubs

thanks Patric & Cadarn for the nice words... :)

@ Tomasz
would you mind providing me a few addresses of bars and pubs in the USA? There is still a bit lack of info concerning the USA in the Metal Travel Guide... so your help would be much appreciated! :)

Cadarn said:
Yeah,Ive been in Kelly's and its a pretty nice place.Have you ever been into a pub in the same area having EVERYTHING with garlic(Drinks,beers ecc)?I really dont remember the name but how I could forget the taste :heh: ?

I know the pub. It's called "Bröderna Olsson" on Folkungagatan.
Never been there though. Garlic beer is not really something I'm that anxious to try...

Ziuwarian said:
Actually the pic in LunarTowers sig reminds me very much of Thyrfing's Valdr Galga, it's the same style, colors, and so, and seemingly the same artist? :)

Indeed, it is the same Artist, Kris Verwimp does many Metal bands artworks, including most of Marduk's shirt designs...

and many, many Viking & Folk metal bands use him, he also did Thyrfing's Urkraft albums, I believe all of Suidakra's albums... many more also, he has a site if you care to look it up. :headbang:

Ye Olde Fighting Cocks (St. Albans, England): the Oldest pub in Britain (or so they say), built in the 8th century... then rebuilt in the 11th (apparently the Danes didn't like the way the floor went with the walls...). Historically used by monks to get shit-faced it has very low ceilings and and uneven floor, almost everything in there is from the constrcution period, except the tables and chairs which are only about 200 years old... there are some interesting writs and other legal crap from antiquity plastered on the wall... it's surrounded by a large park with many ducks and geese and various roman-era ruins and a large historic abbey on the other .. not my bag, but i must admit, it was fun to have a walk round as it's very big and very old.

Tomasz said:
cool site, however I think there should be a name/e-mail added of those who posted/contributed info on each venue

umm.. thats an idea, but I´m afraid I can´t retrace for all adresses who sent me the info... besides I got a lot of info in forums where I don´t know the real names of the people anyway... and adding email adresses is a problem too because they might get spidered by spam robots... ummm...
:Smug:

Glasgow has some great bars.

Rufus T Firefly - A rock pub but they play Metal if you request it. Drink is relatively cheap. £1 for a vodka and mix, £2.50 for a pint of Guinness. They do good burgers during the day as well.

The Pot Still - The world's best whisky pub (winner of the Scottish Licensed Trade News Malt Whisky Pub of the Year award 2003 and 2004). They have over 500 Scottish single malt whiskies as well as random American whiskies. They also do guest beers, sometimes from the Atlas brewery which is my favourite brewery at the minute. Just about my favourite pub in the world.

The Bon Accord - They have 8 or 10 guest beers on draught and they do unbelievable food at really cheap prices. Their Yorkshire pudding, sausage and mashed potato is amazing.

The Horse Shoe Bar - They have the longest bar in the UK and their upstairs restaurant is really cheap.

And just down the road in Johstone...

The Paddock Bar

They have one Iron Maiden song on the jukebox, and they're right next to my bassist's house, which makes it easy to crawl over and pass out on his floor.

Cadarn said:
Yeah,Ive been in Kelly's and its a pretty nice place.Have you ever been into a pub in the same area having EVERYTHING with garlic(Drinks,beers ecc)?I really dont remember the name but how I could forget the taste :heh: ?
I think you are talking about Bröderna Olsson on Folkungagatan 84.
For Swedish cehck out:
http://www.alltomstockholm.se/profile?fid=2&id=860890

xpet said:
gnoff, my friend, always promoting my website :)
Thanks!!
:headbang:

that´s just what my website is about... :)

btw, we have a brand-new forum at The Metal Travel Guide as well, feel invited to join! :)
Of course dear, the word need to be spread ;)