Bestbreeder a Real Album????

Fastbodom

I Spit on Your Grave
Jul 17, 2006
The Netherlands
Sorry if you think this is a Stupid question

but i found a lot of bestbreeder stuff on the net but i dont know anything about it and on the COBHC.com Releases
the bestbreeder album thing is not there

but what is bestbreeder than?

Sorry if you think this is a Stupid question

but i found a lot of bestbreeder stuff on the net but i dont know anything about it and on the COBHC.com Releases
the bestbreeder album thing is not there

but what is bestbreeder than?

bestbreeder is a COB "greatest hits" collection. ONLY released in japan.

EDIT: If i remember right it contained some bonus song. A cover or somethin.

Rebel Yell.

Bestbreeder_From_1997_to_2000_%28musical_album%29.jpg

Bestbreeder From 1997 to 2000 is the 2003 compilation CD from Finnish metal band Children of Bodom. Although the title (confusingly) claims that the latest tracks are from 2000, there are also a few roughly mixed tracks off 2001's Follow the Reaper. The live tracks off the album are available on Tokyo Warhearts.

This album was only released in Japan.

Track 1, "Rebel Yell", is the only Children of Bodom recording that features "clean" vocals.

Tracklist:

1. "Rebel Yell" (Billy Idol cover)
2. "In the Shadows"
3. "Lake Bodom"
4. "Warheart"
5. "Silent Night Bodom Night"
6. "Towards Dead End"
7. "Children of Bodom"
8. "Deadnight Warrior" (live)
9. "Hatebreeder" (live)
10. "Touch Like Angel of Death" (live)
11. "Downfall" (live)
12. "Follow the Reaper"
13. "Bodom After Midnight"
14. "Everytime I Die"
15. "Mask of Sanity"
16. "Hate Me!"
17. "Kissing the Shadows"

Wikipedia is your friend

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bestbreeder

it was JUST a simple question, neither COB site had it so Fastbodom just asked here. gosh.

lol I know, but I'm wondering if that's the only difference or not...I did some reading up and although it's stated nowhere I THINK the 'roughly mixed songs' on Bestbreeder are the infamous 'mix 1' versions of FTR...

lol I know, but I'm wondering if that's the only difference or not...I did some reading up and although it's stated nowhere I THINK the 'roughly mixed songs' on Bestbreeder are the infamous 'mix 1' versions of FTR...
What's infamous about them? My copy of FTR is the first mix and I think it sounds way better and rawer than the remixed version that all my friends have. Vocals sound a lot cooler too.

it does sound better lol, but it's confusing to a lot of peeps. that's the reason for the 'infamous'. I have the Nuclear Blast print myself so I agree with you.

I downloaded a version of Bestbreeder (and ofc. deleted it right away) and those FTR-tracks aren't mix 1. I just e-mailed Zarok from S.O.B. about this matter and I'll copy paste his answer as soon as he replies...

What's infamous about them? My copy of FTR is the first mix and I think it sounds way better and rawer than the remixed version that all my friends have. Vocals sound a lot cooler too.

It sounds rawer because there's considerably less reverb on the drums, guitar, and vocals. I enjoy it, myself, but the volume on the vocals was turned way too low on the rough mixes....

I dunno, to me it sounds like there's a lot more reverb.

A lot more reverb? On Peter Tagtren's mix (mix 1) of FTR, maybe. But listening to Bestbreeder (which features tracks from Miko Karmila's mix, ie; mix 2), it sounds like there's less; a lot less. Especially on the vocals and drums.

A lot more reverb? On Peter Tagtren's mix (mix 1) of FTR, maybe. But listening to Bestbreeder (which features tracks from Miko Karmila's mix, ie; mix 2), it sounds like there's less; a lot less. Especially on the vocals and drums.
Ah sorry, I thought we were talking about Peter's mix, my mistake.

Ok... so I guess my Follow the Reaper Deluxe Edition is Karmila's mix (mix 2)? Because it's the one that sounds less raw.

Jesus, this is confusing. :p