Billy Milano VS Dave Mustaine

Originally posted by Testament Legions
Nooo... I meant from 'deth, tho Lars would not be a totally incorrect guess :heh:. Hasn't anyone else heard about the possibility of Megadeth reforming WITHOUT Dave Mustaine???

I thought Dave was kinda tall?? Sometimes the stage makes you look that way though.

If he's the one who wrote the music to the latest Megadeth train-wreck of a cd then I hope they do reform w/o him! GAWD that cd sux!!

It's so bad it made me laugh..completely cheesey lyrics and horrible music! Sounded like they threw it together in 15 minutes!

In defense of Megadeth, and this has been getting more and more difficult the last five years, yes the lyrics suck( i like losing my senses, and dread and the fugitive mind) in fact the title track, moto psycho, and a thousand times goodbye, contain cringe inducing lyrical content.

However, the music is not as bad, there are still a few good riffs etc here and there- the opening of warhorse, losing my senses, dread and the fugitive mind, burning bridges. Dave's voice sounds better than ever, it is a bit more melodic than it used to be. Yet, the album does contain a fair amount of crap and filler.

As I was thinking who wanted to reform Megadeth- I read on blabbermouth, that Marty signed a solo deal- so i would count him out, Chris Poland hasnt really given a fuck about megadeth for years and years and he is in a band called OHM that is very good, Al Pitrelli has Transsiberian Orchestra and Savatage to fall back on- so I think it has to be either:

1) Ellefson- although I cant see Mustaine letting him reunite the band2) Degrasso- I think he is the shortest, the least talented of the bunch, and the one with the most to lose if megadeth is not reformed3) Nick Menza- well his solo album i heard was god awful- and that he just took old megadeth songs, and rearranged them, and i did read a interview in which he said mustaine kicked him out of the band and he didnt want to go, so without mustaine this would be the perfect opportunity to get back in. So i say degrasso or Menza-

I wouldn't mind Megadeth reforming but they must
fire Jimmy DeGrasso and get Nick back.
Jimmy DeGrasso can't play drums for shit and he's an idiot.
Nick may party but he kicks butt on drums.
They've always lacked something without Nick.
4 Dave Mustaine's in one band is 3 way too many.
know what I mean?

-OfficerNice...the next member of VoiVod

James Murphy once tried out for MEGADETH, to bad he did'nt get it. The last great album from them for me is Crypic Writing, after that, I've turned my back on them........................

I've hated everything Megadeth has done post Countdown to Extinction.

However, I do wish that Menza, Ellefson and Friedman could get it together to form a band.

If james murphy wouldn't have gotten sick he was gonna be the lead guitarist on the world needs another hero. He's a friend of friedman an probably was one of the first to audition when marty quit.

I dont really like any Megadeth after Rust in Peace. I mean there ARE some songs from EACH subsequent album that are pretty good, but after RIP it went downhill.
I also agree Nick was a great drummer.
On the other hand (and this is HUGE) the last tour they did (World Needs a Hero) was the BEST tour they have done since the Rust in Peace / Clash of the Titans tours.
(I think I mentioned this already, but its worth mentioning again)
The song selection as well as the sound of the band was great.
I went to 2 shows and they both ruled. He pulled out some classics not heard in a long time and played them to perfection.
Oh, and without Dave Mustaine there can be NO Megadeth. Thats Dave's band and his name, he IS Megadeth, so there wont be a Megadeth if hes not invloved. I'd bet my left nut on that.

Originally posted by max
anyone know why scott and charlie should get their asses kicked?????
just wondering...
They do not deserve to get their asses kicked...Billy is the one who does. Don't get me wrong Milano is a hell of a frontman and I love S.O.D. but he's a loudmouth asshole. He's just pissed because Charlie & Scott put Anthrax as priority 1 over S.O.D. and who the fuck can blame them? If not for them Milano would be a big ZERO and he just doesn't want to accept that so he reacts the only way he knows how and bitches like a big fat baby. It's a shame too because S.O.D. kicks ass.
As for who would win in a Milano/Mustaine fight, I'd say Billy could take him easily.