Blind Guardian?

Blind Guardian Is a Amazing Band , i persoanlly love them , Ever Album is amazing , there musical ''Talent'' is astonishing. They have a sound of no other band. My suggestion to you is d/l some more of there songs , from Albums before ''A night at the Opera''

Start at their VERY 1st Album and then work your way up they have amazed me EVER time they put out a new Album :)

Very happy you started this thread. :D

Though admittedly not a fan of the style, I think Blind Guardian are among the best power metal bands currently playing. I like most of their albums, but A Night at the Opera is a bit too much at times (not being a big fan of humongous, bombastic choirs), but definitely a well above-average effort. Demons and Wizards was decent but not great, though I loved "Fiddler on the Green".

i agree with hornblow555. a night at the opera is good but slightly too over the top for my tastes. i also think they're running out of good ideas and basically re-playing the same song over. perhaps checking out their previous nightfall in middlearth and the one before that could be a good starting point.

rahvin.

I really liked a night at the opera
I don't know why,it's too orchestral at times and all but I really liked it
but my personal fave is nightfall in the middle earth(because I love tolkien)
and after that one follows imaginations from the other side

p.s. fiddler on the green is by far the best song by demons&wizards

Yeah, Blind Guardian is a great band and A Night at the Opera is a great album. They always improve when releasing an album although my favorite is Imagination from the Other Side.

... and I'll see them in Paris next june!! I'm so excited about that (my first trip to Europe and the first time I'll see Bling live!) Ironnically, the show's on the 10, and you know what other event will occur on the 10 in France... the legislative elections... so when I'll get out of the venue, there'll be some manifestation if le Front National do high.

The more you listen to A night at the opera, the more you'll like it, no easy music here. You'll always find something new when you'll listen to it.

I´m not a huge fan of power metal, but blind guardian is trule an excellent band.
Imaginations from the other side is IMO their best album, and actually one of the best albums ever...

Well as some here do, Blind Guardian is my fave band along with Dark Tranquillity...
I love every single album and will say until the day I die that Blind Guardian IS NOT POWERMETAL, when powermetal is meant to be by bands like Stratovarius, Angra, Gamma Ray, Sonata Arctica, Rhapsody, Darkmoor and so on!!!
it's worth checking the last five albums for sure!!!! and if you like strengh go for Imaginations and mellow go for Nightfall, both masterpieces to my ears

and "Tales from the twilight world "....it's really a masterpiece :)
and yep BG are NOT power metal,maybe they approached it at some parts,but still it is not pure PM...

~Mel~(completing other people's posts :D )

Okay, it seems that Imaginations.. and Nightfall.. are the general favourites, but what about specifics songs to help get people started?
I'd recommend the song Nightfall, its my fav.

I know I'm weird here but my fave is Another Holy War....
but BG's best songs ever....
The Bard's Song - In The Forest
Journey Through The Dark
I'm Alive
Imaginations Through The Other Side
Nightfall
Mirror, Mirror
And Then There Was Silence
Lost in the Twilight Hall
The Lord Of The Rings
and so on and on and on

feels the need to add some:

from "battalions of fear": "Majesty" and "battalions of fear"

from "follow the blind": "barbara ann" :D and "banished from sanctuary" (the rest of the album is utterly boring imho,the least good BG release..i would rate it with 6 1/2 maybe just 6)

from ""Tales From The Twilight World":
"Traveler In Time", "Goodbye My Friend" and "Lost In The Twilight Hall"

from "Somewhere Far Beyond" :
"theater of pain","ashes to ashes" and "bard song-in the forest"

from "Imaginations From The Other Side" :
"A Past And Future Secret","The Script For My Requiem", "Mordred's Song" and " And the story ends"

from "the forgotten tales" :
"Mr.Sandman"

from "Nightfall In Middle-Earth":
uhmmmmm more or less everything

~Mel~(who hasn't listened to BG for ages :rolleyes: ...and also feels she wasn't really of much help,she rather made people more confused....:confused: )

wow, you're quite on the right for many....I just pointed a few!!
so I will go with the new album if someone is interested...*hint*

probably the best BG song EVER And Then There Was Silence...simply incredible...specially the lyrics about the Trojan war....the longest lyrics I've ever seen, even longer than A Change Of Seasons...
then Punishment Divine!!!!!!!
and Sadly Signs Destiny :)

@fathervic; mel: ok, blind guardian are definitely superior to stratovarius, gamma ray, angra and let's just not mention rhapsody in the same thread. :) but the style is quite similar, i.e., power metal. we might call it 'epic metal' or, following some recent language evolution, 'bubububu', and yet i think it falls squarely in much the same category. besides, 'power metal' is not a deprecative of any sorts: why shy away from it?

btw, i think mirror, mirror qualifies as possibly the best bg song ever. although i kinda like their cover of 'to france' much more than everything else. ;)

rahvin.

from a night at the opera, the better ones are sadly sings destiny, battlefield and the maiden and the ministrel :p

and i´m glad they dont got locked to "dragon castle sword metal".
not at all at least.