白鬼
Oct 13, 2002
日本
Visit site
blackowlcov.jpg

1. Kills in Timber 10:07
2. The Thunderous Hooves of Two Goats in the Sky 09:16
3. Drinking the Blood of a Lion 13:30
4. Like a Coffin Chasing a Womb, His Chariot Becomes a Southern Bloodstorm 08:47
5. Uwwalo 08:45
6. Hammer Comes Crashing Down 06:54
7. A Coven of Vultures 13:01

Billed as Black Metal/Doom but certainly more of the latter. The "black metal" tag I suppose comes more from the vocals and the anti-Christian, pagan sentiment of the guy behind this project from Washington state.

The guy seems to be into Native American culture and I could imagine listening to this while in a sweat lodge, meditating and hoping for spiritual guidance as my body is purified and my mind weakened by the excessive heat.

But, I'm horrible at talking about music so I'll let it speak for itself.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4B1ZRVU7

i dunno what it is but americans can never do this sort of thing without it feeling gimmicky and false as hell

i mean these fucking song titles, he's probably the kind of guy who laughs at metalocalypse (or whatever the hell it's called), befriends burzum "fan pages" on myspace and wears judas priest shirts "ironically"

It sounds good though, but in the end too much "brains" and too little guts. I have the same feeling with Cobalt, the archetype of a kickass band on the paper that ends up in a sterile mess on most tracks. This is better than Cobalt but I'm frustrated about the end result.

Honestly, I'm not too crazy about this band either, but recommended it because I thought some here would enjoy it.

However, I have to say that this all too prevalent idea that Americans aren't sincere or are "gimmicky" as the guy up there said, continues to baffle me. I don't give a flying fuck where a band is from and feel it has little to nothing to do with their final product. That said, I love a load of American metal bands from all sorts of genres. Yes, including black metal. The only conclusion I can come to is that this idea actually has little to do with the music made, but some sort of fan bias. Whether this bias stems from some odd European superiorty complex (which itself I suspect may not be rooted in anything music related) or feeling like there is a need to protect the music or something else entirely, I don't know. As I said, I'm still dumbfounded by this shit.

Honestly, I'm not too crazy about this band either, but recommended it because I thought some here would enjoy it.

However, I have to say that this all too prevalent idea that Americans aren't sincere or are "gimmicky" as the guy up there said, continues to baffle me. I don't give a flying fuck where a band is from and feel it has little to nothing to do with their final product. That said, I love a load of American metal bands from all sorts of genres. Yes, including black metal. The only conclusion I can come to is that this idea actually has little to do with the music made, but some sort of fan bias. Whether this bias stems from some odd European superiorty complex (which itself I suspect may not be rooted in anything music related) or feeling like there is a need to protect the music or something else entirely, I don't know. As I said, I'm still dumbfounded by this shit.
yeah i don't know, i would love to be proven wrong by more than a handful of bands, but generally americans in metal nowadays are superficial, gimmicky faggots who are utterly unable to comprehend anything but surface and aesthetics, and completely incapable of taking something seriously without being "tongue in cheek" all the fucking time and writing songs about fucking whales or fictive frozen kingdoms of D&D nonsense and exclaiming "FUCKING METAL DUDE" in at any given opportunity while playing beer pong with their pabst blue ribbon cases and municipal waste, the sword or xasthur playing over their shitty 5.1 bose system

also they have stupid fucking haircuts and myspace pages

hello i am crebain i play guitar hero now start black metal band it is "kvlt" and "tr00" i am "frostbitten" and "grim" maybe *orders crate amp and squier bullet from musiciansfriend, designs logo and myspace page, releases split with leviathan*

I agree that it's very hard to take USBM seriously. "Hey Mark, neither one of us can sing, nor play an instrument, what do you say we smudge our faces in paint and go to Amoeba?" (I witnessed this first hand) Fuck Metalapocalypse, KFC commercials, WOW Youtube vids w/ BM backgrounds, 19 yr old faggoths who play dress up for myspace photo ops, and bedroom black metallers looking for recognition through the bastardization of a genre that was once pure of character. While I don't judge a band by their residence, there's no denying that USBM is by and large bollocks.

This thread has brought to my attention that I'm not the only metalhead in the world who thinks Metalopalypse is a bullshit show without a decent laugh to be had within it's hollow screen time! :kickass: