Brand X

James Murphy

Mar 26, 2002
hi Neil,

sitting here enjoying my copy of Brand X's "Do They Hurt?" on vinyl... yeah, i'll be transferring that one soon and putting it on my iPod for sure!

for those that don't know, Brand X was an instrumental Jazz/Rock fusion band from the late '70's and early '80's that Neil did some engineering and producing for. great stuff! awesome drum sounds!

out of the 6 Brand X titles i have on vinyl i spotted Neil's engineering/production credits on 2, "Do They Hurt?" and "Product". which other Brand X releases did you work on Neil?

anyone interested in picking this title up on CD (great production.. and in 1980!, and killer playing, especially from their phenomenal guitarist.. John Goodsall) can do so here .

dotheyhurtalb1.jpg

James,

Very cool, bro. I was just listening to Livestock from Brand X yesterday. IIRC, Phil Collins played drums for this spacey fusion group back in the 70's, right? Pretty cool stuff.

Later,
Jeff

SliderJeff said:
James,Very cool, bro. I was just listening to Livestock from Brand X yesterday. IIRC, Phil Collins played drums for this spacey fusion group back in the 70's, right? Pretty cool stuff. Later, Jeff

yeah, Livestock is one of the albums i have. both Phil Collins and Kenwood Dennard are listed in the credits as drummers.

had to throw it on after reading your post!

hehe.. very cool. It's trippy and spacey... definitely has that 70's fusion vibe going on... but it's good stuff nonetheless.

Have a good one, JM,
Jeff

Thanks James. I was involved with the first album, Unorthodox Behaviour in an engineering capacity and then went on to co-produce and engineer Product and Do They Hurt. I also produced several tracks that appeared on "Is There Anything About" (I think that was the title) a few years later.

Great band and immense fun to work with. Some of my fondest recording memories are from those sessions...

Neil K.