Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Virgil.

¯\(°_o)/¯
Jul 12, 2005
Seattle, WA
Anyone else picking it up for the 360? Send me a friend request if you want to play sometime. I need some cool peeps to play with. I'm pretty chill and just want to play for fun.

GT: Like A Gazelle

I'll pick it up soon most likely. Was not about to go wait in lines at midnight, and I'm willing to bet most stores will be sold out if I'd go today. I still play MW2....

I'll pick it up soon most likely. Was not about to go wait in lines at midnight, and I'm willing to bet most stores will be sold out if I'd go today. I still play MW2....

I still play MW2 too, and Black Ops. I think places will be sold out of the Elite/Hardened edition, but most stores will be sure to have inventory on hand for the normal copy, as they would be dumb not to carry enough from a profit perspective. lol

Was disappointed. Missions only took me like three and half hours to get through. I remember mw2 taking like at least 6-8?

Maybe you sucked at the game when mw2 first came out, and now that you've played it more you're better at it, thus taking you less time w/ mw3 perhaps? :lol: ;)

I down for some multiplayer, my gamertag is Untold Secrets.

I probably won't be online tonight though, since I have a fuck-ton of school work to catch up on from when I was in America.

Was disappointed. Missions only took me like three and half hours to get through. I remember mw2 taking like at least 6-8?

Yeah MW2 was too short. MW 1 took me quite a while to finish compared to 2 on normal difficulty. I'm gonna buy Skyrim and get my fill of that first before getting this one.

But seriously though, who buys MW2 / Black Ops / MW3 for story mode anyways? lol most of us buy it for multiplayer. I don't really care if the campaign is short. They brought back Special Ops like in MW2, so there are a TON of hours to get out of the game without even touching the short story mode. Campaigns are for late nights when no one is on and you're bored. lol ;)

Nah, I get it though, I know some guys buy games for the campaigns and not just multiplayer. Guess it just depends on what you like.

/\ I dont really play multiplayer dude. I have but it's not something I do exclusively. You get to run through a ruined DC with Keith David barking orders at you in the campaign. :lol:

got it for PC a few days ago but couldn't instal it until today.
then today i actually had no time to install it. then again, even if i had the time,
i have to work the complete week so i again have no fucking time to try it....FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!! :D

I played the single player campaign on Black Ops and it was just such a fucking lame action movie pile of shit and online felt like quake capture the flag. I remember playing the end MW2 single player and just laughing at how weak it seemed. Not really sold on this series.

Sooooo....how is it?! Anyone?! Im considering running out like RIGHT NOW and getting it.....

If you like MW2, you will love it. It's essentially MW2.5 :lol:
Graphics are pretty much the same, but I think it plays better from a multiplayer perspective with new weapons, less hotspots on the map (discourages campers), less "noob"'ish streaks, etc. I like it. I haven't touched the campaign yet, i've just been running the multiplayer. But my co-worker said the campaign is a little better than MW2, but still not as good as COD4, but way better than Black Ops.

Bottom line, if you're a fan of COD 4 and MW2, then get it.

Maybe you sucked at the game when mw2 first came out, and now that you've played it more you're better at it, thus taking you less time w/ mw3 perhaps? :lol: ;)

Haha my gf said the same thing. Alas I don't get to play that much and doubt I've improved that much at fps. Whilst I like multiplayer, I hardly think the $100 pricetag is justified considering it's essentially just a couple of new maps. If the singleplayer mode is gonna be so shit then just release a dlc map pack. Obviously it wouldn't sell as much as a 'whole new game'. They've worked their way into a great business model. Sorry for my nonsensical ramblings. I'm just frustrated at a franchise I've supported or nearly a decade when their primary product was a single player fps.

Got it for PC. Still downloading. Loved MW2 (over 20 nukes) but hated Black Ops. I hope I have to choose "which weapon I like the best" like on MW2, instead of "which weapon I hate the least" like on Black Ops. Matchmaking for PC is also a bless, as we didn´t had much servers here, and they were always crowded.