Can Someone Explain...

speed

Nov 19, 2001
Visit site
Can someone explain how Panic at the Disco is 1) popular, 2) considered a musical act, 3) is even music?

I was party to a three song barrage of hellish and confused racket from this apparently popular group. And frankly, I do not understand how such a untalented group of musicians and songwriters ever became so popular. A total lack of composition in their songs, no melody...I could go on. Someone please explain.

This one scene chick in my class played them out loud cause our fucking teacher allowed it once. I seriously felt like throwing a chair at her.

But I myself an stumped by how anyone can call them music. They seem like noise to me, just not a very threatening noise.

Perpetual Catatonia said:
This one scene chick in my class played them out loud cause our fucking teacher allowed it once. I seriously felt like throwing a chair at her.

But I myself an stumped by how anyone can call them music. They seem like noise to me, just not a very threatening noise.

what class was this?

SO what does emo entail? A collection of instruments all playing--and not particularly well-- apparently different songs? Thats what it sounds like.

Seriously, I know almost nothing about emo. Is this like an updated and degenerate form of punk or something?

it's better that you don't bother yourself with emo or scene kids or whatever the hell they call themselves.

next time you're at a party and somebody puts PATD in, take the cd out and put one of your's in and make them suffer

speed said:
SO what does emo entail? A collection of instruments all playing--and not particularly well-- apparently different songs? Thats what it sounds like.

Seriously, I know almost nothing about emo. Is this like an updated and degenerate form of punk or something?

Its is some sort of horrible Hardcore Punk that was kicked out of the mainstream twice. once in 1984. later in 1994 it came back to be kicked out to hell in 1994 and in the year 2000 it came back again. worse version of punk you will ever hear, The Ramones and such would be ashamed some Emo bands such as MCR list them as influences.

speed said:

Its is some sort of horrible Hardcore Punk that was kicked out of the mainstream twice. once in 1984. later in 1994 it came back to be kicked out to hell in 1994 and in the year 2000 it came back again. worse version of punk you will ever hear, The Ramones and such would be ashamed some Emo bands such as MCR list them as influences.

patd is really for the gorls and pretty boys. The people who listen to this shop at hot topic and american eagle. they play retro consoles, not because they like them, but because other emos do. Also, they give bisexuals a horrible name, due to the fact that all emos wanna be bi, even though there not

ivry91 said:
I don't know that I'd even call emo hardcore. Of course many people would love having emo grass, because it'd cut itself!