Car Audio

SLAYER85

Old School Youngin
Mar 10, 2002
north carolina
Visit site
im about to get a system, my freinds are hooking me up with all the good shit i just gotta foot the bill, but what im wondering is does anyone have a system in their car and what do you think about heavy metal in it, i think it would sound fucking badass, i just wannna drive down the street and combat all the rap music, im defniitly getting 10s for subs with closed truck boxes and some nice speakrers for the high end, but what yall think?

Metal definitely sounds a lot better with a sub pounding out that low end. I have a Kicker L7 12" being powered by a JL Audio 500/1, with stock speakers. It sounds great!

Don't make the mistake I did thinking the bigger sub the better the sound. I got a 12" and while it sounds good with some bands, loud bass is just not suitable for metal. When you're speeding along with blastbeats shaking the car every beat you can't hear the riffs at all. I'd wouldn't go above 10" or ideally 8", as you get a much punchier, clearer sound.

I agree with hibernal, stick with 10's for metal, you'll get a much tighter sound. I'm runnin 2 10's off a JL sub amp with an Alpine head, and the bass drum comes through as if the drums are right in the car. Sure the 12 will put out more sound but it will be muddier then the 10. And for my money ya can't beat the sound quality of the Alpine.