Carcass- Symphonies of Sickness

EvilDeadGod

!DIE!
May 5, 2002
Texas
Honestly one of the heaviest albums I have came across in my late teens...I heard Reek of Putrefaction, enjoyed songs like Genital Grinder and Oxidized Razor Masticator, but on this album I like the way the production comes through with more (put in my own terms) beef on the guitars, vocals catch with brutality, the drumming is phenomenal, I really dig the crunch and death metal in this, if you wanted to make someones ears bleed i suggest putting on this album....songs I enjoy all of them!!!!! 8/10

NP:Exhume to Consume

EvilDeadGod said:
Honestly one of the heaviest albums I have came across in my late teens...I heard Reek of Putrefaction, enjoyed songs like Genital Grinder and Oxidized Razor Masticator, but on this album I like the way the production comes through with more (put in my own terms) beef on the guitars, vocals catch with brutality, the drumming is phenomenal, I really dig the crunch and death metal in this, if you wanted to make someones ears bleed i suggest putting on this album....songs I enjoy all of them!!!!! 8/10

NP:Exhume to Consume

Despite all of that its still only an average album at best though its definitely better then their crappy debut. Carcass- Symphonies of Sickness definitely showed growth and an attempt to write real songs instead of just little splatter blasts. However, the album still doesn't contain real songs, but does song pretty cool at times and will be enjoyed by most fans of grind or raw death metal.

symphonies is average? no "real songs"?
sounds like a heartwork fans medical diagnosis ; )
though i'll admit Necroticism is superior

scour.abrase.scrub.erase!