Catatonia...urgh!!!!

katatonia formed 1991.
catatonia formed 1992.

katatonia released the debut album 1993.
catatonia released the debut album 1996.

katatonia found out about catatonia 1997.
catatonia found out about katatonia 1998.

catatonia could have sued katatonia in england.
katatonia could have sued catatonia in sweden.

a mutual agreement was made to ignore the comparisons
and keep the different spellings as the thing keepin the two apart.

2003 - katatonia active
2003 - catatonia disbanded

btw, i hope many little girls wishing for a christmas present in form of a 'mulder and scully' album got a fierce 'brave murder day' instead back in the days.

That happened a thousand times to a guy I know. That's why he initially took a common name and twisted as many letters as he could, changing c => k, i => y, w => v ... etc

katatonia formed 1991.
catatonia formed 1992.

2003 - katatonia active

btw, i hope many little girls wishing for a christmas present in form of a 'mulder and scully' album got a fierce 'brave murder day' instead back in the days.

Just have to say...that last part was beautiful.

katatonia formed 1991.
catatonia formed 1992.

2003 - katatonia active

good stuff :lol:

yes in northern ireland most people havnt heard of katatonia so they're arnt that many t-shirts over here... infact ive only seen one and i got it which is the DO one with 'once discouragde, discouraged ones' on the back, so when i went into a shop and asked them to order me in shop katatonia shiurts they looked at me and laughed because they thought i meant the pop band

yes in northern ireland most people havnt heard of katatonia so they're arnt that many t-shirts over here... infact ive only seen one and i got it which is the DO one with 'once discouragde, discouraged ones' on the back, so when i went into a shop and asked them to order me in shop katatonia shiurts they looked at me and laughed because they thought i meant the pop band

Where are you in NI right now? I'm currently in Belfast.

Wait, was Katatonia originally spelled with a "C" then? Because wow, I actually prefer it with the "K." Makes for a cooler, more interesting looking logo I think.

And yeah Blakkheim, that was awfully thorough of you...cool. I always thought you guys had the name after, for some reason...wasn't Catatonia a HIGHLY mainstream band at the time?

PS: Judging from what Blakkheim has stated, I gather they DID in fact know of Katatonia's existance.