CATCH 22 re-release/re-recording

Supernova

Jan 15, 2005
The Disclosure
http://shop.nuclearblast.de/details.php?artikelnr=147389 - Catch 22 V2.0.08

Catch 22's going to be re-released, guitars and singing are new played and the album re-mixt and re-mastered with Nowhere to run (also on Catch 22 - Japan) as bonus track

Release Date 4. January 08

hmm i don't know what to think about it... i would prefer a new album : /

(somebody got the final chapter/hypocrisy 2cd?, is there something special about it?)

I thought it deserved its own thread

Discuss

and euh btw, why werent we informed here...I mean a lil news here and there would be cool on the main page of the Hypo site

This is awesome news, I hope that Peter will use many more growls than on the original!

Maybe since he decided to do this album, he will redo The Fourth Dimension since it has the worst production!

I dont agree

First he has already re-done Apocalypse and the fourth dimension, I dont think he plans to re-do em AGAIN and the rest of the album

AND, Catch 22 is only 6 years old, whats the point of re-doing such a recent album, which already has good production? Besides, Catch 22 has this nu metal taint and it will remain, unless he completely changes the songs, and then, why not doing a whole new album instead???

Thats also means that, in the most optimistic thinking, that we wont get a bran new album until very end of 2008 or begining of 2009

I dont see whats so awesome in that, but thats really just my opinion

I dont agree

First he has already re-done Apocalypse and the fourth dimension, I dont think he plans to re-do em AGAIN and the rest of the album

AND, Catch 22 is only 6 years old, whats the point of re-doing such a recent album, which already has good production? Besides, Catch 22 has this nu metal taint and it will remain, unless he completely changes the songs, and then, why not doing a whole new album instead???

Thats also means that, in the most optimistic thinking, that we wont get a bran new album until very end of 2008 or begining of 2009

I dont see whats so awesome in that, but thats really just my opinion

I see it as an opportunity to turn a shit album into a great one, which makes me happy. Sure I'd like a new one instead of an old one redone, but I am anxious to hear what he can do with Catch 22.

Tumn, if you mean, better than nothing, I kinda agree...
BUT Im struggling to find the MOTIVES for such a move from Peter

He said that Catch 22 was his FAVE Hypo album...than why re-do it if is obviously fucking satisfied of the original result?

Re-doing an album released in 2002 that sounded GOOD (production) is beyond my understanding...of course this is the choice of Peter and him alone so we must respect that

but thing is, after more than 2 years since VIRUS, Peter prefers to re-do an album instead of creating a new one, and theres NOTHING that tells us if he wont be doing it even MORE nu-metal instead of more death metal

So it kinda leads me to think that Peter is no longer really interested in being a pioneer in the death metal scene

Of course Im really curious about how the re-recording of 22 is gonna sound, but to me, the whole matter doesnt bode well, at all

That website link keeps timing out on me, I tried to look to find it, but I couldn't.

Peter is a smart man, he must be doing this for a good reason. I really doubt he will do more nu-metal.

I just dont know what to think

if you would have told me, 3 weeks ago, that Peter would re-record-re-release CATCH 22, I wouldnt have believed you, not at all, I would have said ''Man, I really FUCKIGN doubt he would do that, I mean what would be the point blahblahbl''

Now here we are

just look at this

1999 : Hypocrisy --* 2000 : Into the abyss -- 2002 : Catch 22

He passed from Melodic death to brutal oldskoolish death metal to death/nu metalcore like

I think we can expect anything right now (except what we want the most, a bran new album)

its a bit strange considering peter has got pain to do his new metal thing and i think i read in a interview once that he said catch 22 was a mistake but i aint sure

WTF!!! I am having trouble believing this.. Why the fuck would he re-release their worst album, their only shitty album? I really hope this isn't the case. If anything he should re-release The Fourth dimension.

pls explain why this is good news

explain why the fact that we wont get a bran new album for at least another full year and prolly even more is a good news

Supernova
Hey man, first of all, re-release of C 22 is ready to be issued, and we don't know will it take more Peter's time to distract from creating new material. I see no reason to be worried about. Why cannot Hypocrisy release two albums per year?
At second, finally we get a chance to get a "Nowhere to Run" on our CDs.

WHAT THE FUCK?! Of ALL the albums they could redo, why fucking Catch 22?! Why not Penetralia, or Fourth Dimension?!

Supernova
Hey man, first of all, re-release of C 22 is ready to be issued, and we don't know will it take more Peter's time to distract from creating new material. I see no reason to be worried about. Why cannot Hypocrisy release two albums per year?
At second, finally we get a chance to get a "Nowhere to Run" on our CDs.

well ok
Good point with the READY TO BE RELEASED stuff, I admit since its due Jan 2008 it must already be completed...

I wonder why we learned about it so late...I mean, no sample, no nothing...Strange

Supernova
Yeah! And I wonder why there is no any fuckin' mention about this EVENT in band's life on of.site?
May be they just changed album art and added "Nowhere To Run" track?

it is stated in the first post that guitars are re-recorded...wonder when Pete took the time to do that though

Hope this will fucking put him back into death metal mode, BIG TIME

:kickass: