Check out this band (sound files included)...

General Zod

Ruler of Australia
May 1, 2001
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
There are certain bands, who will forever be linked to bands who came before them. Persuader is one such band. I expect I'll never read a Persuader review that doesn't mention Blind Guardian. And to be fair, this is as it should be. Persuader, it could be argued, are nothing more than a Blind Guardian clone. Perhaps. However, one small factor separates Persuader from most clone bands; quality.

I've never been a huge Blind Guardian fan. There are songs I like on every disc, but also songs I quickly skip on every disc. I also find that I only enjoy Hansi in small doses. Yet, for some bizarre reason, I love Persuader. Even though their similarities to Blind Guardian are too numerous to count, they consistently kick my ass.

So, if you love Blind Guardian and can get passed the similarities or have always been "blah" on Blind Guardian, check out two songs from Persuader's new CD "When Eden Burns":

"Sending You Back"
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=C74E2AAB2D2CFF28

"The Return"
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=A2D0B9111DE0CB52

Zod

I got the album with the red apocalypse cover (forgot the title) and I love these guys. They sound a bit like Blind Guardian, mainly because of the singer, but the music is IMO a lot heavier. I wish I could get The Hunter, it seems I can't find anywhere. Thx for the 2 songs, I didn't know they had a new album out.

btw, that singer, is in now 10000 bands like Dark Empire and Savage Circus, everyone wants his voice!

Dark One said:
I actually dig these guys. My tolerance for all things power metal is generally low these days, but every now and then I find a few bands very listenable.
try Dark Empire, I think you would like them.

Erik said:
At least it's not GHUA, but that "JESUS IS THE BLOOD SPILLED IN WAR" breakdown part needs to URGENTLY die
I don'T know, I stopped listening after the first 2 minutes and tried to forget as fast as possible.

oh my god zod that first song is so fucking good hahahahaha :kickass:

don't hate me for loving this ironically :loco:

edit: jesus that second song is equally amazing, i could listen to this shit all day every day :lol:
i've never laughed and headbanged to a song at the same time

cthulufhtagn said:
oh my god zod that first song is so fucking good hahahahaha :kickass:

don't hate me for loving this ironically :loco:

edit: jesus that second song is equally amazing, i could listen to this shit all day every day :lol:
i've never laughed and headbanged to a song at the same time

Are you loving this in a "fun" way or something? Your emoticons seem to suggest sarcasm. Anyway, I really dig these guys for some reason, and here's another track from them that is absolutely a favorite of mine:

"Strike Down"

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=B5AB7A154E199D23

General Zod said:
I've never been a huge Blind Guardian fan. There are songs I like on every disc, but also songs I quickly skip on every disc. I also find that I only enjoy Hansi in small doses. Yet, for some bizarre reason, I love Persuader. Even though their similarities to Blind Guardian are too numerous to count, they consistently kick my ass.

Greg, quick question though - did you ever get a chance to check out "Tales From the Twilight World" from BG? If not, you're really missing out, at least in my opinion. That is the one disc from them that continues to kick my ass from beginning to end. If you've only spun it once or twice, believe me, give it more tries. Otherwise, I tend to agree with your assessment of them.